Oak ridge football

Elitesports4

7 hours ago, GIJoe said:

Wow off a scrimmage. Could Oak Ridge won state championship in last 6 years. YES But so could South Doyle, Henry County, Rhea County, Ooltewah and many others that have great players. At the end of the day players and fate win championships. I been at 3 games OR lost in playoffs since Gaddis been back. Last year game versus Catholic 40+ points and lose. I remember 2 plays were the Oak Ridge DB just stopped running and one was for an Irish 1st diwn the other was a TD. The year before that against Catholic played a better team and almost pulled off upset. The Rhea County game several years ago they stopped OR with 5 guys in box. OR could not run the ball. It wasn't the call it was execution. Defensively Rhea made 4 big plays on 3rd down because the 1st the OR OLB went with back and Rhea ran a reverse for a big play . The other two were missed tackles. And 4th was when No one touched TE and he caught for a big 1st down. Those same games I do question calls (offense easier to critique) Rhea County game I would have thrown to Tee and Darel early cause their DBs were 5'6. Rhea County offense won't allow them to play from 2 TDs behind. Last year Catholic you're up 3 possession and your trying to throw. QB who plays defense was running around probably tired which hurt you on defense. Run the ball shorten the game. Your 2 RBs were good enough to take it to the house but if not you're going forward not backwards. Nevertheless the coaching staff has something fans and former players don't. Scout film, practice, knowledge of players, and consistency in understanding scheme. (Better athlete not always better player especially when he may not know his job or refuse to do What coached.) In other words if each player is a piece of puzzle and 1 player is a triangle but the piece missing is a circle. You can't use them. 

Oak ridge not winning is and always been lack of coaching and putting players in wrong positions. majority of the players will tell you that! I like your take because seems like you watch a lot of games. Mid season I really want you guys to watch positions and play calls to see if they’re the right calls. I also want you to watch other teams if you can and see the big difference in advance play calls to mediocre calls they may run at the boys club! It’s hard to not agree with it being the coaches if you truly don’t know the players or their abilities. That’s a big deal 

38 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Oak ridge not winning is and always been lack of coaching and putting players in wrong positions. majority of the players will tell you that! I like your take because seems like you watch a lot of games. Mid season I really want you guys to watch positions and play calls to see if they’re the right calls. I also want you to watch other teams if you can and see the big difference in advance play calls to mediocre calls they may run at the boys club! It’s hard to not agree with it being the coaches if you truly don’t know the players or their abilities. That’s a big deal 

Where do you coach now with your expertise?  I would hate to think it is being wasted on a forum instead of on the field. 

8 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Not sure what "sniffed" means to you but both the Boys and Girls Basketball teams have handled themselves well in the Boro. Both Cross Country teams still live up to their proud traditions. State Championships are not easy to win nor should they be. I can tell you all that when I wear my Oak Ridge swag down here in Chattanooga I still get compliments on our Sports Programs, individual athletes who have impressed their opponents with the class they showed in the heat of competition and of course my Big Ed's shirt is a conversation starter.

Once again, my opinion is over and who has got next?

Sniffed means that the teams at least played for a championship.

Girls basketball was runner up in 2016 but last won in 1997, according to TSSAA. 

Boys were runner up in 2014 but last won in 1963.

Boys cross country were runner up in 2015 but last won in 2007.

Girls cross country last won in 2010. In fact, that was the last state title in any sport from OR, according to TSSAA.

Football was last runner up in 2005 and last won in 1991.

No other sports have anything recently.

Zero wins in the last nine years. That looks like a tradition that relies on long ago excellence not on today. To me that’s not a tradition any more and some other schools in the area have caught up and passed OR.

58 minutes ago, IanMackaye said:

Girls basketball was runner up in 2016 but last won in 1997, according to TSSAA. 

Girls cross country last won in 2010. In fact, that was the last state title in any sport from OR, according to TSSAA.

Zero wins in the last nine years. That looks like a tradition that relies on long ago excellence not on today. To me that’s not a tradition any more and some other schools in the area have caught up and passed OR.

I don't totally disagree with you on everything you say, but as I've said before, it's about linemen. Basketball and cross country don't require them, but football does. Basketball relies on athletes and OR usually has some good ones and they can usually compete with anyone. Those same athletes in football DEPEND on the linemen to create opportunities to showcase their talents. Have you ever watched line play or are you like most fans and just watch the ball? The OR linemen are good kids I'm sure but the teams that have been winning titles are way bigger than OR's linemen, plus they have great athletes. OR just doesn't have enough good, big linemen. Rhea County and Catholic were VASTLY superior to OR up front. When I watched Central on TV in the title game last year, they were HUGE and athletic up front. OR just hasn't had that in years. When they do have maybe one big guy, he can't move. I focus on line play in every game (I was a lineman). I'm surprised that your brilliant Elite buddy hasn't noticed this.

It's easier to compete statewide in basketball because it's athletes vs athletes...no linemen, but in football it's athletes/linemen vs athletes vs linemen.....totally different story.

As far as the OR tradition is concerned, it's great but why is it even being talked about? What's the point? If you don't like the OR tradition, then don't speak of it...that's easy. If you appreciate it, then mention it. What's it got to do with anything?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

You just lost any credibility you had with me (you didn't have much to begin with) when you said "majority of players will tell you that"! What a joke you are! Disgruntled and selfish players who are 17 years old and either not getting the ball enough or don't like the position they're playing...they're your sources? LOL...go back to where you came from. You're probably a 16 or 17 year player who wants the ball more but should be spending more time in your English class. 

1 hour ago, catswild said:

I don't totally disagree with you on everything you say, but as I've said before, it's about linemen. Basketball and cross country don't require them, but football does. Basketball relies on athletes and OR usually has some good ones and they can usually compete with anyone. Those same athletes in football DEPEND on the linemen to create opportunities to showcase their talents. Have you ever watched line play or are you like most fans and just watch the ball? The OR linemen are good kids I'm sure but the teams that have been winning titles are way bigger than OR's linemen, plus they have great athletes. OR just doesn't have enough good, big linemen. Rhea County and Catholic were VASTLY superior to OR up front. When I watched Central on TV in the title game last year, they were HUGE and athletic up front. OR just hasn't had that in years. When they do have maybe one big guy, he can't move. I focus on line play in every game (I was a lineman). I'm surprised that your brilliant Elite buddy hasn't noticed this.

It's easier to compete statewide in basketball because it's athletes vs athletes...no linemen, but in football it's athletes/linemen vs athletes vs linemen.....totally different story.

As far as the OR tradition is concerned, it's great but why is it even being talked about? What's the point? If you don't like the OR tradition, then don't speak of it...that's easy. If you appreciate it, then mention it. What's it got to do with anything?

Perfect.

2 hours ago, IanMackaye said:

Sit you are not lying! That’s the problem with most of them on coach t! That’s why they’re replying the way they are!

You just lost any credibility you had with me (you didn't have much to begin with) when you said "majority of players will tell you that"! What a joke you are! Disgruntled and selfish players who are 17 years old and either not getting the ball enough or don't like the position they're playing...they're your sources? LOL...go back to where you came from. You're probably a 16 or 17 year player who wants the ball more but should be spending more time in your English class. 

Dude shut up! The players know more than you think! Who cares about your credibility! Who th are you?! Did you even play any sports???! Let’s set the record here I played two sports with playing one in college! This is a forum I could care less about English? I have two degrees I’m done with school! Again I’m done talking to idiots Like yourself! So keep it moving or shut up

Edited by Elitesports4

Last comment to shut you up! 

If you have coaches who have coached these boys since boys club through middle school that has played the same position there entire career of course they will speak on it! Example... Tyrell Romano do you even know him?!! Probably not. He’s a top Running back in the state yet will be playing mostly in the slot in his senior season.. he’s never played receiver a day in his life! I don’t want credibility but I’m sure I have a ton because I’m the only one who could answer why tyrell wasn’t playing? It’s cool I’ll post again when the games come up.. 

32 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Dude shut up! The players know more than you think! Who cares about your credibility! Who th are you?! Did you even play any sports???! Let’s set the record here I played two sports with playing one in college! This is a forum I could care less about English? I have two degrees I’m done with school! Again I’m done talking to idiots Like yourself! So keep it moving or shut up

Your best statement ever..."I'm done talking"...the world just got smarter and breathed a big sigh of relief!

"Dude shut up!"  LOL...you have even less class than I gave you credit for having