Westmoreland travels to Whites creek friday

Mr. Postman1

This is a very interesting game I would love to know the back story how these two teams came to play each other. Is this a first time match up? Also is there any time between the two programs. Westy we will be seeing you'll in a week and TC is one piss off team right now.

35 minutes ago, RTD said:

This is a very interesting game I would love to know the back story how these two teams came to play each other. Is this a first time match up? Also is there any time between the two programs. Westy we will be seeing you'll in a week and TC is one piss off team right now.

I believe that it is the first time we have played each other.... I'm not sure how this came about but I think it's only going to make us better playing teams like this one and Livingston Academy etc... I'd say the TC boys are upset, rightfully so. 

This game is intriguing from what I can tell.  As far as I know, these 2 teams have never faced off.  It looks to me as if the cobras of whites creek has a few athletes that could possibly have some speed. Fundamentals are not as sound as most but they can move the ball.  It’s going to come down to momentum, who wins the big play battle, and simply who wants it more!  

8 hours ago, GBO52 said:

I believe that it is the first time we have played each other.... I'm not sure how this came about but I think it's only going to make us better playing teams like this one and Livingston Academy etc... I'd say the TC boys are upset, rightfully so. 

I wish TC had a better none region schedule. Portland, Friendship, and Gordy not a very hardy out of the region schedule.

I knew a guy that played for Whites Creek about 5-6 years ago and he said that they weren't good at football but that they usually played a brutal schedule and the best athletes played basketball. He said that they usually tried to throw the ball often because they were unable to run or would get behind the sticks because of penalties.

I looked it up and they haven't had a winning season in nearly a decade. They went 2-9 last year. But they indeed had a brutal schedule. Westmoreland probably would have gone 2-9 with that schedule as well. Most 2A schools for that matter. They played the following teams PJP II (6-6), 5A Clarksville NW, East Nashville (10-2), Maplewood (12-2), 6A Lavergne, BGA (11-3), Stratford, Pearl Cohn (9-3) and Fairview (10-3). They beat Giles County (1-9) and Hunters Lane (0-10).

Its an interesting matchup. If it were in Westmoreland I might have gone to it.

26 minutes ago, RTD said:

I wish TC had a better none region schedule. Portland, Friendship, and Gordy not a very hardy out of the region schedule.

The home schedule is what hurts as you have Gordy, East Robertson (minus their QB), Cascade and Jackson County.

And they played an injury riddled Friendship team in week 1.

I'm probably gonna go to the game against Gordy and then likely won't go to another TC game until the playoffs.

11 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

I knew a guy that played for Whites Creek about 5-6 years ago and he said that they weren't good at football but that they usually played a brutal schedule and the best athletes played basketball. He said that they usually tried to throw the ball often because they were unable to run or would get behind the sticks because of penalties.

I looked it up and they haven't had a winning season in nearly a decade. They went 2-9 last year. But they indeed had a brutal schedule. Westmoreland probably would have gone 2-9 with that schedule as well. Most 2A schools for that matter. They played the following teams PJP II (6-6), 5A Clarksville NW, East Nashville (10-2), Maplewood (12-2), 6A Lavergne, BGA (11-3), Stratford, Pearl Cohn (9-3) and Fairview (10-3). They beat Giles County (1-9) and Hunters Lane (0-10).

Its an interesting matchup. If it were in Westmoreland I might have gone to it.

Yes they have a very tough schedule. I know several guys that when to school there and a lot of what could have been their best players couldn't stay out of trouble or in school for that matter... Not sure if that is still the case.