Warren Co. @ Lawrence Co.

PIONEERS12

20 hours ago, PIONEERS12 said:

You must have played on one of the Oakland teams we beat in the 80's and have never gotten over it.

Nope, but I’m just being realistic. Warren Co, like Coffee Co has been handcuffed by the TSSAA in high school football. You may have a season where you luck up and beat one of the RuCo schools, but you’ll never beat enough of them & finish in the top 4 and make the playoffs. Your best hope is for Rutherford Co to continue growing at the pace it is, resulting in more schools being built. That will Force realignment and maybe you’ll get a sniff of the playoffs. 

As for Oakland in the 80s, I do know they won a gold and silver ball during the decade. I however didn’t move to Murfreesboro until 1995. I went to high school at Oak RIDGE. As you know, they were really good in the 80s. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSSAA should consider allowing/forcing teams with limited success against others in their class to move down a class. That would be a lot easier than White County playing a non-league schedule. Say Warren County or Heritage has a low win percentage against other 6A teams over the previous four years, move them to 5A. Same for Cumberland County, to 4A and so on. Overall record doesn't count on the move, they could have a good percentage against much smaller teams. If they play .500 or better over the next four years against teams in their new class, move them back up. If they're still low, maybe .250 or less, move them down further. 

On 9/14/2019 at 9:58 AM, GoPats2019 said:

Nope, but I’m just being realistic. Warren Co, like Coffee Co has been handcuffed by the TSSAA in high school football. You may have a season where you luck up and beat one of the RuCo schools, but you’ll never beat enough of them & finish in the top 4 and make the playoffs. Your best hope is for Rutherford Co to continue growing at the pace it is, resulting in more schools being built. That will Force realignment and maybe you’ll get a sniff of the playoffs. 

As for Oakland in the 80s, I do know they won a gold and silver ball during the decade. I however didn’t move to Murfreesboro until 1995. I went to high school at Oak RIDGE. As you know, they were really good in the 80s. 

Your right, we have struggled for a long, long time.  The old adage hard work pays off seems to be an unreachable goal for us these days.  We will continue to work hard and take the wins we can get.  We do have a lot of interest this year with our new head coach and have competed well in every game.  Oak Ridge was really good in the 80s.