South Fulton, the end of an era

dhbb

South Fulton will be fine. They have a good coach. They have a strong bench. When they played Halls (a very good team)they had one started and a few others will the flu. Tibbs played only a few minutes. One player has a bad ankle from football. Other very good players have very few minutes real game time. By the end of the season you will see a SF team will a winning record.

Go Devils!!!!!!!! :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with jdub that South Fulton basketball will go on. South Fulton reached the state final four the year before Trey entered High School. That being said SF has relied on a varying number of athletes to lead them before Trey. Trey is obviously the most valuable and prolific athlete in any sport to play for SF. But The coaching staff has established a program that lends itself to excellence year in and year out (1991 Substate, 1994 Substate, 1998-2002 State Tournament). So, despite the fact, that any year after losing a talent like Pearson could be considered a rebuilding year, I feel that SF will definitely have some believers by at least January. Kudos to Coach Driver for more than a decade of excellence.

Most of the people that get on this board I have to laugh at. The people who start threads like this one are the same ones that were on here this tmie last year saying things like:

P. Powell is way better than Pearson.

Where is he at now?

Pearson's good, but its only single A he could never play division one.

He's starting point guard at Ole Miss.

He led the TN all stars in scoring against GA. (that's all classes, by the way.)

I'm just making the point that just because S.F. isn't going to go undefeated this year doesn't mean its going to be a totally bad year. Everyone in this area is licking their lips this year because S.F. has handled everyone for the last 4 or 5 so now these guys have a big bull's eye on their chest. Ya'll wait, teams will underestimate them because they don't have trey and that could lead to quiet a few wins.

Not only did South Fulton loose Trey Pearson, they lost two very good seniors as well. All you people that root for teenagers to fail kill me. Most of you have probally never played, or left Obion Co. They are kids, give them a break. Five years of extended post season play is a lot more than most area teams can say.

Before The "Trey Pearson Era" there was the "Tim Britt Era." :):o

There will be a time when South Fulton will rise up again, they always do. :o

Guest flyinghigh

Great post Mr. Beave. Why does everyone jump off the bandwagon as fast as they jump on???

There alot of HS teams out there (I don't give a rip if they are A or AAA) who will never have the great run that SF has had over the past few seasons. Be proud that they had it! It's called tradition.

That's what makes the kids to follow want success even more. They won't all get it, but they all want to get there.

Some years you have a Britt or Pearson - some years you don't. But you can bet your butt that somewhere there's a kid with a basketball who is spending extra time in the gym because he saw what Pearson (or Britt) accomplished and he wants it too. He may be in the 7th or 8th grade right now, but he's set a goal....