McMinn Central @ Copper Basin

TheCommander

4 hours ago, TheOneRiddler said:

Well Basin was also 1-9 last year and sale creek beat Basin 27-26 last year and sale is 3rd in the district this year and Copper Pan cooked up the score they wanted

Putting Sale Creek in a conversation about region games trying to validate a close game with South Pitt wont fly.Pitt will score quick and often,mercy by half.It is what it is.CB is much better this year but they are alot like OS and Coalfield pretty good teams but SP and GB in the East are at completely different levels.It is what it is.BUT i love the fact CB is on here and talking football again and doing well, i remember a good Basin team coming to GB in 11 or 12 and we put 60 something on them.Dont let our talk change anything sbout how you post or think your team will do till these games are played.Congrats on a great season so far.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Putting Sale Creek in a conversation about region games trying to validate a close game with South Pitt wont fly.Pitt will score quick and often,mercy by half.It is what it is.CB is much better this year but they are alot like OS and Coalfield pretty good teams but SP and GB in the East are at completely different levels.It is what it is.BUT i love the fact CB is on here and talking football again and doing well, i remember a good Basin team coming to GB in 11 or 12 and we put 60 something on them.Dont let our talk change anything sbout how you post or think your team will do till these games are played.Congrats on a great season so far.

We're from Basin, we can take a beating and still talk trash lol. We've grew up being the underdog. I just see a different future coming for Basin football. We have a ton of talent coming up through our rec league.  We also have a shift in the community wanting to support our teams more. I look for Basin to make their first appearance for a state title within the next 5 years. We lost our little league group for awhile a few years ago but it has been built back to a solid program now, which will feed great talent. We've lost a lot of good players to other States. Kids from our area can drive 15 min over into North Carolina and play for a State Championship every other year almost. Its tough to stop kids from doing that. 

3 minutes ago, Narco said:

We're from Basin, we can take a beating and still talk trash lol. We've grew up being the underdog. I just see a different future coming for Basin football. We have a ton of talent coming up through our rec league.  We also have a shift in the community wanting to support our teams more. I look for Basin to make their first appearance for a state title within the next 5 years. We lost our little league group for awhile a few years ago but it has been built back to a solid program now, which will feed great talent. We've lost a lot of good players to other States. Kids from our area can drive 15 min over into North Carolina and play for a State Championship every other year almost. Its tough to stop kids from doing that. 

When i played mid and late 80's Basin was a handful.My Jr year 88 i took one of the worst beatings (physically and scoreboard) i ever indured on a football field.We had just won the state and beat you all 54-24 reg season and 12-0 in the playoffs the year before and graduated 17 Srs,then went there the next year and got hammered.Great to see Basin coming back!!

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

When i played mid and late 80's Basin was a handful.My Jr year 88 i took one of the worst beatings (physically and scoreboard) i ever indured on a football field.We had just won the state and beat you all 54-24 reg season and 12-0 in the playoffs the year before and graduated 17 Srs,then went there the next year and got hammered.Great to see Basin coming back!!

Its great for everyone when Basin is playing good. Helps the hometown and also the teams we play. A win feels so much better when you beat a good team in an all out brawl for 4 quarters.  

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

The situation that was created in the mid 80s is a good example to apply today. If you look at each of the Silver Hats’ best seasons of the 80s, semi teams in ‘83, ‘84, and a quarter team in ‘88, you see a trend. Kids stayed in state and didn’t go to Murphy, Hiawassee Dam, or Fannin County. Either way, I’d say the players are mentally and physically prepared for tonight. Central has some gaping weaknesses in their defense that should be easily exploited. I do worry, both about Central and SP, about our play in the box. Tonight will be a litmus test for all three teams. Kinda cool how it worked out that way.