Knoxville Area Games

QSouth89

Season tips off this week. With the football playoffs in the quarterfinals it’s time for hoops. I know the KOC jamboree is Monday and Tuesday. Karns plays South Doyle on Monday as well. Catholic plays at rival CAK on Thursday and plays host to The Christ School from Arden (NC) on Saturday. What are some opening week matchups locally? 

26 minutes ago, QSouth89 said:

Season tips off this week. With the football playoffs in the quarterfinals it’s time for hoops. I know the KOC jamboree is Monday and Tuesday. Karns plays South Doyle on Monday as well. Catholic plays at rival CAK on Thursday and plays host to The Christ School from Arden (NC) on Saturday. What are some opening week matchups locally? 

Alcoa plays Farragut on Thursday night and West Greene on Saturday. Hope we can get some wins before our footballers get back. We only have 8 players at the moment and should have 5-6 more once football is over. 

12 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Alcoa plays Farragut on Thursday night and West Greene on Saturday. Hope we can get some wins before our footballers get back. We only have 8 players at the moment and should have 5-6 more once football is over. 

I saw the Tornadoes this summer at Maryville College‘s team camp. Alcoa has a legitimate shot at winning 4AA. Toughest team in the region are the toughest teams in your district. Good luck this season.

4 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

I saw the Tornadoes this summer at Maryville College‘s team camp. Alcoa has a legitimate shot at winning 4AA. Toughest team in the region are the toughest teams in your district. Good luck this season.

Alcoa will be a much improved team by January compared to last years team. District 4AA is going to be really interesting this year. Alcoa, Kingston, and Scott County should be better and I don't think AE or Fulton will be as good as they have been the last couple of years. 

Catholic should be one of the favorites in DII. I'd be shocked if they don't make it in the final four. 

9 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Alcoa will be a much improved team by January compared to last years team. District 4AA is going to be really interesting this year. Alcoa, Kingston, and Scott County should be better and I don't think AE or Fulton will be as good as they have been the last couple of years. 

Catholic should be one of the favorites in DII. I'd be shocked if they don't make it in the final four. 

AE has some good young players.  They will get their feet wet this year gaining experience and next year should be the team the beat.  Not sure what Fulton will have,  I'll see them at the jamboree tomorrow night.  As for Catholic, the Irish are talented but still young (starting 3 sophomores) and relying on freshman off the bench.  Coach Hutchens has added some quality opponents to his schedule and they are playing a few of out state games. The travel can be tough but it should prepare them for a run at a state tournament appearance. 

Edited by QSouth89