2020 Cleveland Blue Raiders

RaiderOfTheBlue

19 minutes ago, RaiderOfTheBlue said:

With Clevelands OC heading to Siegel, where does Coach Wheeler go from here as his OC? Any names being tossed around? Seems pretty quiet on this front. Maybe Fooseball95 can give some insight?????

I was wondering the same as to who they bring in. I saw on Cleve city schools website that the job was posted. Wheeler for the most part called the plays when he came with this new offense. Only time will tell.

Edited by fooseball95

1 hour ago, RaiderOfTheBlue said:

Do you think that with the team struggling this past season Wheeler may see the difficulty of being HC and Calling the plays and bring in a guy to be an actual OC? Not saying he cannot do it, just saying I am sure it is difficult to call plays while worrying about the rest of the game. 

Play calling wasn’t an issue. They will be fine. It  was his first year. New system, and in his first year I’m not sure what u were expecting. They were a few plays away from winning 7 games last year. The only games they didn’t have a chance at the end to win was maryville, and Shelbyville, and still beat Ooltewah. Just relax Wheeler is a great coach. But back to your question. It would be great to get a good OC and I’m sure wheeler will make sure of it. 

1 minute ago, fooseball95 said:

Play calling wasn’t an issue. They will be fine. It  was his first year. New system, and in his first year I’m not sure what u were expecting. They were a few plays away from winning 7 games last year. The only games they didn’t have a chance at the end to win was maryville, and Shelbyville, and still beat Ooltewah. Just relax Wheeler is a great coach. But back to your question. It would be great to get a good OC and I’m sure wheeler will make sure of it. 

:thumb:Thanks for your insight. Looking forward to see who they get. 

4 minutes ago, RaiderOfTheBlue said:

:thumb:Thanks for your insight. Looking forward to see who they get. 

I’m not sure how close you are to the program or been to any of the games, but just being at the games u can see the difference. The kids love him and they fight for 4 qtrs. Under the Cummings debacle it was a complete mess and players didn’t want to play for him. Things are headed in the right direction. 

Edited by fooseball95

10 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I’m not sure how close you are to the program or been to any of the games, but just being at the games u can see the difference. The kids love him and they fight for 4 qtrs. Under the Cummings debacle it was a complete mess and players didn’t want to play for him. Things are headed in the right direction. 

I wouldn't say I am in the know at all. Been to games. Blue Raider fan for years.  Can definitely see a difference from when Coach Cummings was here. That was not meant too be an attack on Coach Wheeler. I just know that the Blue Raider football program is better than 4-6 and while I understand we are still recovering from previous years, I still have high standards for the program. Again, not attacking Coach, was just curious if the new OC would be given a little more responsibility play calling wise. 

13 minutes ago, RaiderOfTheBlue said:

I wouldn't say I am in the know at all. Been to games. Blue Raider fan for years.  Can definitely see a difference from when Coach Cummings was here. That was not meant too be an attack on Coach Wheeler. I just know that the Blue Raider football program is better than 4-6 and while I understand we are still recovering from previous years, I still have high standards for the program. Again, not attacking Coach, was just curious if the new OC would be given a little more responsibility play calling wise. 

I understand your pain trust me, I’m a alum and member of the 3 peat teams. It sucks to see the program where it has been. But its gonna take sometime. It doesn’t happen Overnight.

Edited by fooseball95

I attended the Cleveland/Bradley game this past year. I thought play calling was pretty good - especially in the first half. Renshaw will be missed. He came in with Crawford right? That is pretty cool that he stayed for so long even after Crawford left. 

Hope things keep getting better under Wheeler. I like watching Cleveland. 

On 1/22/2020 at 10:47 AM, fooseball95 said:

central won 51-20 and the game was never in doubt. interesting game we have this year down at your all’s place this year though