2020 Betsy Cyclones

JMorton

1 minute ago, lawnman said:

Yes it is but I haven’t seen one close up but JMorton I know you have.

Shockingly heavy. It swallows his first ring. Still waiting on the third to get here. He said he told them he wanted it bigger than the football ring. If that’s the case I don’t know how he will wear it. Good problems. 

3 minutes ago, JMorton said:

Shockingly heavy. It swallows his first ring. Still waiting on the third to get here. He said he told them he wanted it bigger than the football ring. If that’s the case I don’t know how he will wear it. Good problems. 

Yes it is and he is a very special kid and i know you are very proud of his accomplishments and he has worked his tail off and it shows.Great things ahead for Deuce and I will be pulling for him all the way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Yes it is and he is a very special kid and i know you are very proud of his accomplishments and he has worked his tail off and it shows.Great things ahead for Deuce and I will be pulling for him all the way.

Thanks for your support lawnman. You’ve always been very gracious towards him and we greatly appreciate it. Regardless of how this whole deal shakes out he has been incredibly blessed. 

3 minutes ago, JMorton said:

Thanks for your support lawnman. You’ve always been very gracious towards him and we greatly appreciate it. Regardless of how this whole deal shakes out he has been incredibly blessed. 

Yes he has and it’s obvious he has been raised the right way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I am not sure what's up but most predictions locally that I have seen are not giving Betsy credit. They love Greeneville. Even after Betsy open a can of you know what last year. Lol

What do you classify as Local?  Everyone in NE TN knows that Tricitiessports and Fritz hates Greeneville and doesn't even include them in the NE TN top 10  when winning State Championships. (They use to when i played and didn't win state).  Knoxville News and 5starpreps doesn't cover them in rankings since they are to far away  but 5starpreps did a good write up on Betsy.

:roflol:Betsy beat Greeneville by 3 the first time and 2 td's the 2nd time after being down 2 Td's  so I hardly call that opening up a Can but maybe that is in the eyes of a Mav Fan :popcorneater:

39 minutes ago, Swipes said:

What do you classify as Local?  Everyone in NE TN knows that Tricitiessports and Fritz hates Greeneville and doesn't even include them in the NE TN top 10  when winning State Championships. (They use to when i played and didn't win state).  Knoxville News and 5starpreps doesn't cover them in rankings since they are to far away  but 5starpreps did a good write up on Betsy.

:roflol:Betsy beat Greeneville by 3 the first time and 2 td's the 2nd time after being down 2 Td's  so I hardly call that opening up a Can but maybe that is in the eyes of a Mav Fan :popcorneater:

In my opinion I think our local East Tennessee media should not include upper East. I mean there in there own area. Last time I checked I do not even think the weatherman includes there forecast. So it would be a long stretch adding them on area poll locally. But they did put Greeneville at #13 which is about right and have AC at #7 along with Maryville Alcoa. This year is exactly where they should honestly be.

17 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

In my opinion I think our local East Tennessee media should not include upper East. I mean there in there own area. Last time I checked I do not even think the weatherman includes there forecast. So it would be a long stretch adding them on area poll locally. But they did put Greeneville at #13 which is about right and have AC at #7 along with Maryville Alcoa. This year is exactly where they should honestly be.

Check again because they do include NE TN on the regional weather report and will see Johnson City weather on local Knoxville News Stations. (Doesn't mean I agree that they should be).  Greeneville is I guess in no mans land since Knoxville covers us (Even though we are NE TN) and Tri Cities doesn't.   The same Knox News paper has Knox Central ranked #2 ahead of teams like Maryville and Knox Catholic.  Anyone that actually knows football will tell you that man is an idiot who did the rankings. This is coming from someone who pulls for Central in 5a and have since they moved to 5a (Central's new head coach is a Greeneville Alum).  

8 hours ago, Swipes said:

Check again because they do include NE TN on the regional weather report and will see Johnson City weather on local Knoxville News Stations. (Doesn't mean I agree that they should be).  Greeneville is I guess in no mans land since Knoxville covers us (Even though we are NE TN) and Tri Cities doesn't.   The same Knox News paper has Knox Central ranked #2 ahead of teams like Maryville and Knox Catholic.  Anyone that actually knows football will tell you that man is an idiot who did the rankings. This is coming from someone who pulls for Central in 5a and have since they moved to 5a (Central's new head coach is a Greeneville Alum).  

Swipes, you’re always great with greeneville history. Did the Knoxville area claim greeneville before all those state championships or after?

13 hours ago, JMorton said:

Swipes, you’re always great with greeneville history. Did the Knoxville area claim greeneville before all those state championships or after?

When the state went to 6 classifications in Football and Greeneville made the first run to the State Game in 2009 before losing to Giles County and QB Bo Wallace by 7 is when they started following us more and has just grown since then (Nick Crainey Knox Centrals head coach was the Senior MLB on that team).  The upset of Red Bank at Red Bank in the Quarter Finals opened a lot of peoples eyes that year since they were ranked #1, undefeated, and just put a 55-22 beat down on Fulton the week before.  Greeneville went into Chattanooga and grinded out a 14-13 win with a blocked pat to win the game. 

What a lot of people don't remember is Greeneville and Betsy had played up for years until the 6 classification system came out and both decided to play where the TSSAA put them. The previous year Greeneville had made it to the Semi's before getting beat by Maryville in 4a and the year before that was put out by Sullivan South and Curt Phillips who they beat in the regular season. The program and culture had changed in 2007 and when 6 classifications came out and they stayed in 4a then a lot of teams we never played before would soon find out about Greeneville Football since Maryville and Schools twice our size weren't in the way anymore

• Like 1

Swipes is right, Both Greeneville and EHS played up for years. For a while EHS was in the same class as DB/Science Hill before going to 3A where they actually were supposed to be. I think a lot of people don't realize that Greeneville were beating teams they weren't "supposed" to beat for a while due to everyone just assuming Greeneville was playing in the class they were supposed to be and not realizing Greeneville was playing up that much