Union City

Bellsburg2

Having a new coach (especially amid all the COVID challenges, etc) is even tougher this year than usual. I understand he is from the same "tree" so I assume there will be some continuity of terminology and system and that should help. Any version of the triple option can be difficult for opposing teams to prepare compared to more typical schemes. From a personnel standpoint, USJ should be pretty well equipped to defend the run, returning a veteran front line from last year including 2 all-state guys. Plenty of talent at the second level, but several new starters filling holes left by graduation. I am not expecting a polished product from any teams at this point in the season, but this should be a fun matchup. We will know a lot about our team after this week's matchup with Nashville Christian. I recall a handful of playoff clashes between UC and NCS in the early 2010s.

As for the above conversation, I would assume UC gets a win and LC gets a "no contest". If they replace the game, I doubt they could claim a win from the cancelled matchup. It may be too late to find an opponent for this week, but probably won't be from a lack of trying. They could always give Lexington a call, their Friday night just opened up with SGC having to cancel.

I'm glad someone started this thread. I was going to but decided to wait until a little later in the week. Bellsburg2 I believe you have said about all I could say about this game. The benefit will be that USJ will have one game under their belt to see how things stack up. On our side of the street, I like what I am seeing but it's still difficult to know exactly where we are. Anyway, good luck and keep them kids healthy.