CAK @ CLINTON

92Dragon

CAK played us (Daniel Boone) this past Friday, their strength is the defensive backfield, their DB's stick to the receivers like glue.     If Clinton wants to have a chance then they should be thinking about some screen plays, reverses, something to mix it up because they guys are tough to pass on.    Their run defense is pretty decent as well, although I thought our O-Line never showed up.

Defensively Clinton needs to address defending the run game. AC up front did whatever they wanted. The first two run plays by AC Clinton's DL got pushed into the LBs. It was that way for the entire first half. 

Clinton tried to man up AC's WRs and it didn't work out for them. They need to stick to basic Zone coverage they didn't play man to man well at all. 

36 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

Defensively Clinton needs to address defending the run game. AC up front did whatever they wanted. The first two run plays by AC Clinton's DL got pushed into the LBs. It was that way for the entire first half. 

Clinton tried to man up AC's WRs and it didn't work out for them. They need to stick to basic Zone coverage they didn't play man to man well at all. 

That's hard to understand because according to Elitesports, Clinton has had some unbelievable talent transfer in and to hear him tell it, through his motivational talks and with their overall talent, you would think they could cover anyone's receivers!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bonkers said:

That's hard to understand because according to Elitesports, Clinton has had some unbelievable talent transfer in and to hear him tell it, through his motivational talks and with their overall talent, you would think they could cover anyone's receivers!!!

Yeah, that's not what happened at all. Hatmaker completed 8 passes for 195 yards. Cam Thomas for AC had 3 catches for 78 yards and 2 touchdowns, and Bryson Vowell had 4 Catches for 91 yards and 1 touchdown. Stats are from Prepxtra

Edited by haweanbula

5 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Since we have those unbelievable talent transfers from O Ridge Ridge... I'll take that offer. :-D

LOL...You're a good guy and I respect you and your posts. My problem isn't with you or honestly not even with Clinton, it's with a guy who toots his on horn every chance he gets and pulls for one of our rivals!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1