Week 4 - Oak Ridge @ Farragut

CardinalGrey

14 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Did you watch the Farragut/West game? 

I did. The game was 7-7 at the half and I was impressed with both teams although West is clearly better. The game was much closer than the score indicates. West blocked a punt and got a cheap easy score after that and they returned a punt for a TD in the closing minutes. The score could've easily been 17-7

I watched the Farragut West game and I came away thinking it was a lot closer than the final score.  Farragut gave up a blocked punt and a punt return that turned a 17-7 game into a 30-7 game. West scored on the opening drive, but Farragut answered and it was 7-7 at half.  So this tells me Farragut is better than the score showed. They run the ball pretty good with that running back they have and you have to stop that. I look for a really tight game Thursday with Packer cheering the Ads on.  The winner may be who runs the ball better. 

Farragut also overshot a wide open receiver behind the defense on two different occasions, one at about the plus 5-yard line. Of course, those things happen in a football game. West also missed opportunities, particularly with penalties.

Most competitive games still come down to blocking and tackling and a few plays here and there. The West defensive pursuit and tackling were demonstrably better than Farragut.

Containing the Oak Ridge speed will be a challenge, most assuredly if Farragut doesn’t tackle better than they did against West. For whatever reason, Farragut generally has not played well after an open date. I agree that Farragut must run the ball. If Purcell gets only three carries, it could be a long night for the Admirals.

On 9/5/2020 at 6:45 PM, bonkers said:

I'm going to ask politely but how are "your guys" doing over at Clinton? They're 0-3 and I never hear a word about them anywhere and they are never mentioned on the news highlights.

From what I was told the coach either doesn’t know what he is doing or don’t want to step on toes being knew. Supposedly his son is the best qb and playing now due to thackerson being hurt. So I’m getting bad coaching and I don’t say it’s an excuse watching the film. Dodi as you know played receiver caught balls doesn’t play at all on offense which is weird. He starts on defense has 1 interception. Jeremiah may not have 1 pass attempt when he’s been lined up to small corners(bad coaching) Quez been hurt.Also heard they haven’t been fully healthy all year. Are playing with a freshman about. If you want to know how my soccer star at Bearden is doing she’s dominating and so is my other former player In North Carolina 

On 9/6/2020 at 5:43 PM, catswild said:

REPORT CARD FOR THE CAMPBELL COUNTY GAME  (just watched the video on TV)

OFFENSIVE LINE - B+  Still a little too much pressure on the QB but a very good job overall by the OL

WR - A-  It would be an A+ except for another drop in the end zone. I thought they caught the ball and blocked well

RB - A+   I'm sure I'm the lone ranger but I liked #3 as good or better than #1. He's a natural runner with great vision, and I saw him pick up the blitz a time or two

QB - B+    He under threw a couple of deep balls and missed a wide open short route but was MUCH better than against DB

DEFENSIVE LINE - A+   They couldn't run the ball against us

LB - A    They couldn't run the ball a bit  but they had a little success throwing

DB - B   Even though it was a shutout the CC receivers got behind our DBs a couple of times

KICKING GAME - A    WE made all of our PATs, good kickoff coverage, good punts and coverage, we recovered a fumble on a kickoff

COACHING - A   The staff had them ready and corrected many mistakes made in the previous game

Lb A did you see 38 or 33 he was getting exposed lol

Film breakdown I think oak ridge will be able to run and pass vertically against Farragut! I honestly think oak ridge wins by 10+. I don’t see this as being a struggle for us tbh. The lineman for Farragut isn’t big to me and I see gaps that I think we will exploit. However; if Farragut qb is accurate it could get interesting. I just don’t see them running on us at all! Oak ridge by 10+ Oak ridge rush for 150+ 

• Like 1