McMinn Central Football - A Look at their Schedule

logcabinman

I was looking at Central's schedule this year and wow, its a tough one.  Week in and week out, they have faced some tough opponents thus far.  

McMinn - #4 ranking 6-A, Meigs- #2 2-A, this week Loudon #4 3-A, coming soon Red Bank #3 3-A

Now Sweetwater is a pretty good 3-A team and Brainard is probably one of the better teams they have had since 2014.

Tellico loss was a tough one to swallow, but I believe if this game was played this Friday, the Chargers would win that game.

Copper Basin also has one of the better teams it has seen in a while and are setting at a #3 or #4 state ranking for 1-A.

I cannot imagine week in and week out looking at the schedule thinking, where is the relief.  This schedule has the Chargers playing 5 state ranked opponents.

Hang in their coaches and fans, I feel we will be competing soon.

Edited by logcabinman
Forgot something

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Haydiboy said:

Next year central should schedule Cumberland County  ive always thought they'd be a good matchup

I do think they will make a new schedule next year, but all the teams ranked, with the exception of Copper Basin and McMinn, have to be on the schedule.  I would like to see them place a Grundy or a Sequatie Valley team on the schedule.  I would also put Seqouyah back on the schedule, not because they have been down, but I mean it's just down 411 and could be a strong gate for both programs.

Just now, Haydiboy said:

But u definetly aren't the only one whose thought that. I think  central will be lucky to go 2-8 this year i think they could possibly pull a win at copper basin or signal mountain

I guess my point is that most teams with this schedule would be under .500 if they had to endure it.

Copper Basin has been ranked at #2 in 1A the last couple of weeks. South Pitt is of course number 1. Last years game between Central and Basin was a good one that went into overtime with Central getting the win at Basin. I think it will be another great game this year as well at Central. 

Just now, Haydiboy said:

Oh really  I read something  saying 766 on Google. 

Probably last years numbers.  I am pretty sure I am close on my number.  I was looking in to it because my daughter plays basketball.  Next season there will be a shakeup in basketball classifications.  This could possibly take Seqouyah out of our district and place Tellico in.  Seq. would move up.

1 minute ago, logcabinman said:

Probably last years numbers.  I am pretty sure I am close on my number.  I was looking in to it because my daughter plays basketball.  Next season there will be a shakeup in basketball classifications.  This could possibly take Seqouyah out of our district and place Tellico in.  Seq. would move up.

That would be a death sentence for Seq. sports (excluding football). They’re basketball programs struggle to compete as the district stands now. If they move up, they’re done. 

Just now, ElGoat said:

That would be a death sentence for Seq. sports (excluding football). They’re basketball programs struggle to compete as the district stands now. If they move up, they’re done. 

It would definitely affect the boys program more than the girls.  The girls program may even benefit somewhat.   

4 hours ago, logcabinman said:

You're number is spot on. 

The enrollment numbers are down for nearly every high school. A lot of parents weren't happy with the online system and opted to do home schooling this year. I was recently reading because of this, the TSSAA may not use the 2020-2021 enrollment numbers as a basis for reclassification. I can't remember their criteria for reclassification, but I think they decided to use an average of the previous 2 years?