McMinn Central Football - A Look at their Schedule

logcabinman

46 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

@logcabinman this is a bit off topic but have you heard how much of an impact the new boys basketball coach has had? Probably a bit too early to tell but I was thinking about it the other day. 

It will certainly be different, that is for sure.  Curtis will have a different approach defensively and you will see more sets offensively.  Coach A liked to out athlete teams and use scores aggressively to the hole.  It will be interesting to see how the kids will respond  Curtis.  He is a lot more vocal than Armstrong, and animated at times to get the boys attention.  I really feel like the Chargers can be a contender in the district this year.  Kids seem to really like him!!

Edited by logcabinman
forgot something

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, logcabinman said:

It will certainly be different, that is for sure.  Curtis will have a different approach defensively and you will see more sets offensively.  Coach A liked to out athlete teams and use scores aggressively to the hole.  It will be interesting to see how the kids will respond  Curtis.  He is a lot more vocal than Armstrong, and animated at times to get the boys attention.  I really feel like the Chargers can be a contender in the district this year.  Kids seem to really like him!!

Thanks for the response. I thought it was a great hire as he was really accomplished at Seq. He had some rough years at Rhea but the boys basketball talent in Rhea is horrible. I figured the kids would like him considering he’s younger. He can relate to the kids better than A could imo.  

16 hours ago, ElGoat said:

Thanks for the response. I thought it was a great hire as he was really accomplished at Seq. He had some rough years at Rhea but the boys basketball talent in Rhea is horrible. I figured the kids would like him considering he’s younger. He can relate to the kids better than A could imo.  

Also, Mobley is a great man, and a great coach.  My boys loved playing for him.  I feel he will compliment Curtis well.

29 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Do you think the boys will fare any good at basketball  this year im a charger for basketball  but a kee for football 

Not logcabinman but I’m more of a basketball guy than football so I feel I have a solid analysis of teams around here. Central boys lost a lot of solid players from last year (Ledford, Farrar, King) but bring back their best player in Carden. They also have some solid pieces returning around him and I’ve heard they had two guards transfer in from McMinn Co. If I were a central fan, I’d be optimistic about this years team with Curtis, but would like to see Carden be a bit more assertive on the offensive end. He has the talent to average about 18 points a game. 
Of course, that’s just my opinion. Logcabinman can correct me if my analysis is off. 

Edited by ElGoat