POWELL @ WEST IS FINALLY HERE! RIVALRY THURSDAY GAME!

keepitmoving

7 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I was doing stats for WRJZ that season. I remember all game week the sentiment was that West would bully the heck out of Powell with their great defense. And you guys did have an incredible defense. Turned out that Powell had a pretty good one too. And Dy'shawn Mobley.

Yea I was the LB #34... yea he ran crazy on us 2nd half our offense couldn’t give us a break that game. 

Honestly a couple of weeks ago I thought Powell would win easily by 3 tds, but now im leaning towards a solid 14 point win for the Panthers.

I think Powell has the advantage at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and if Mattress is not playing for West then the Powell defense can just disrupt the timing of the West passing game because I just dont know if the younger backs of West can run on the most athletic defense they will have faced up to this point.

A little bit of trivia -the last time West hosted as big of a game as they will this Thursday was back in 2014 vs Maryville. Then both teams were in the same region, however Maryville was #1 in 6A, while West was #1 in 5A and the game was televised ironically on rivalry Thursday. Maryville won 31-16 and both teams went on to win state titles in their respective classifications. That West team was way better than this one, but the result will be the same.

Ive got Powell 31 West 17. 

Hope im wrong and West wins, but not likely.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, guthook said:

Alright, So far there are three Picks for West (Only one stated margin of victory at 7pts.  Four picks for Powell.  3 at 14 pt victories, 1 at 4.

I'm surprised theres not more chatter around this game.  I hear there is less twitter beef than powell/central too.

I shared my pick in the other thread, but I've got West winning a close one, 31-27.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, guthook said:

So we're essentially split 50/50 right now.

45 minutes ago, guthook said:

Alright, So far there are three Picks for West (Only one stated margin of victory at 7pts.  Four picks for Powell.  3 at 14 pt victories, 1 at 4.

I'm surprised theres not more chatter around this game.  I hear there is less twitter beef than powell/central too.

The chatter is down because both teams respect each other.  Both are great teams, with great leadership.  No need to talk.  

On a side note, there are some key players not suiting up tomorrow, so we will not get a great look at both teams at full strength.  So I would say when and if both make it to the Quarterfinals, hopefully they will be at full strength then.  

2 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

The chatter is down because both teams respect each other.  Both are great teams, with great leadership.  No need to talk.  

On a side note, there are some key players not suiting up tomorrow, so we will not get a great look at both teams at full strength.  So I would say when and if both make it to the Quarterfinals, hopefully they will be at full strength then.  

Any key guys sitting this one out?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

How many is Powell sitting out? I have heard of 2 key players at West. 

10 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Powell only has 1 possible.  Redmond is a game time decision. 

I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to get back out there, but I'd love to see him get healthy, especially when they've played so well without him. Foust, Greene, and Collins have all been incredible this season.

• Like 1