TKA @ DCA to determine the beast from the east

CougarDadx2

7 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

DCA really ran away with this one late. Did TKA just wear down? Or was the close first half more of a fluke? I saw the mention of points off turnovers

DCA scored on its first two possessions in the third and just kept running the ball and mixing in the pass. 

Preseason all state Jon Lewis had  four tds for DCA and seemed to get stronger as the game went on. He’s a testament to hard work paying off as he was less than 100 lbs when he entered HS and has worked out incredibly hard to be what he is now as a Sr. 

DCAs  Jr WR Jacob Cook (preseason all state) was difficult to cover as usual and had big plays throughout the night. 

TKA hit on a few big pass plays and had some success moving the ball on the ground at times. They are a well coached and talented team with size and speed all over the field.

Both teams had turnovers in the red zone that stopped scoring opportunities or that led directly to points for the other team. Both teams run very well and are physical on the line of scrimmage.

TKA punted four of five times (?) and was stopped on fourth and short a few times and DCA did not punt that I can remember? I could be wrong though. 

Just like any game there were momentum shifts but the one constant was DCAs Jon Lewis. He had over 250 all purpose yards and a tackle on 4th and goal where he stopped the RB with a loss, stripped the ball, and ran 99 yards for a TD. 

Best of luck to TKA. 

Edited by Playerscoach

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

DCA scored on its first two possessions in the third and just kept running the ball and mixing in the pass. 

Preseason all state Jon Lewis had  four tds for DCA and seemed to get stronger as the game went on. He’s a testament to hard work paying off as he was less than 100 lbs when he entered HS and has worked out incredibly hard to be what he is now as a Sr. 

DCAs  Jr WR Jacob Cook (preseason all state) was difficult to cover as usual and had big plays throughout the night. 

TKA hit on a few big pass plays and had some success moving the ball on the ground at times. They are a well coached and talented team with size and speed all over the field.

Both teams had turnovers in the red zone that stopped scoring opportunities or that led directly to points for the other team. Both teams run very well and are physical on the line of scrimmage.

TKA punted four of five times (?) and was stopped on fourth and short a few times and DCA did not punt that I can remember? I could be wrong though. 

Just like any game there were momentum shifts but the one constant was DCAs Jon Lewis. He had over 250 all purpose yards and a tackle on 4th and goal where he stopped the RB with a loss, stripped the ball, and ran 99 yards for a TD. 

Best of luck to TKA. 

Thank you for the recap - I was wondering how it played out. Clearly the two best in the east. MTCS held on to beat Franklin Grace, despite having 10 players out due to COVID and loosing both middle LB / RB to injury by half-time.