Warren Co. @ Coffee Co.

PIONEERS12

8 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

It’s a ‘once in a blue moon’ season for WC. Senior loaded and things will regress dramatically after this year. 

Probably right. However, now kids at that school know success is possible. I wouldnt be surprised if that gets more kids on the field. The way region 3 is now, seasons like this every few years from WC isn't crazy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Probably right. However, now kids at that school know success is possible. I wouldnt be surprised if that gets more kids on the field. The way region 3 is now, seasons like this every few years from WC isn't crazy

It’s possible. However, the truth is Region 3 has never been as down as it is this year. Blackman along with Rockvale will continue to have more athletes at their disposal. I expect those two teams in addition to Oakland and Riverdale to have the best athletes year in and year out. Cookeville and Warren County on a rare year can compete for a playoff spot. Also, what region will Warren County be placed in for the new cycle? They could stay in with the Rutherford County schools or they could get sent to the Sumner County/Lebanon/Cookeville region.

17 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

It’s possible. However, the truth is Region 3 has never been as down as it is this year. Blackman along with Rockvale will continue to have more athletes at their disposal. I expect those two teams in addition to Oakland and Riverdale to have the best athletes year in and year out. Cookeville and Warren County on a rare year can compete for a playoff spot. Also, what region will Warren County be placed in for the new cycle? They could stay in with the Rutherford County schools or they could get sent to the Sumner County/Lebanon/Cookeville region.

Your not wrong about athletes, but this region has been pretty down for a long time. Only difference is Riverdale basically replaced Blackman. Cookeville has been in the thick of it every year and in a good year has been a headache for everyone other than Oakland. Did WC catch some breaks this year? Probably, but for most programs your gonna need a little luck got a good season

As far as reclassification, I would think they stay in Region 3, but you probably know more about than I do

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Your not wrong about athletes, but this region has been pretty down for a long time. Only difference is Riverdale basically replaced Blackman. Cookeville has been in the thick of it every year and in a good year has been a headache for everyone other than Oakland. Did WC catch some breaks this year? Probably, but for most programs your gonna need a little luck got a good season

As far as reclassification, I would think they stay in Region 3, but you probably know more about than I do

Agree. The thing about reclassification is WC sits so far out there and isn’t really close to either region. Looking at all the 6A schools in the area, it seems reasonable to balance the two regions with a 6-team and a 7-team region. Cookeville, Lebanon, Hendersonville, Beech, Gallatin, and Warren County in one. Coffee County, Shelbyville, Riverdale, Blackman, Rockvale, Oakland, and Siegel in the other. Otherwise, it would be a 5-team and an 8-team region. All that said, who knows what the TSSAA will do??? They could split the Murfreesboro schools up or do something off the wall. I’m just going by recent history and geography obviously.

38 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Agree. The thing about reclassification is WC sits so far out there and isn’t really close to either region. Looking at all the 6A schools in the area, it seems reasonable to balance the two regions with a 6-team and a 7-team region. Cookeville, Lebanon, Hendersonville, Beech, Gallatin, and Warren County in one. Coffee County, Shelbyville, Riverdale, Blackman, Rockvale, Oakland, and Siegel in the other. Otherwise, it would be a 5-team and an 8-team region. All that said, who knows what the TSSAA will do??? They could split the Murfreesboro schools up or do something off the wall. I’m just going by recent history and geography obviously.

Yeah I'm not really sure what will happen. TSSAA has gone with an all RuCo region in the past, could very well go that route again

38 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Yeah I'm not really sure what will happen. TSSAA has gone with an all RuCo region in the past, could very well go that route again

They may do that again. Who knows? With Stewarts Creek and Smyrna along with the Murfreesboro schools, that would be brutal! I guess that’s why they split those northern Rutherford County schools off into the region with the metro teams to avoid that. All bets are off on how they’ll piece it all together, especially in the midstate....a bunch of schools to split into probably four different regions.