Region 3/4-4A Round 1-Quarterfinals

MCFAN3

Through the past three years, region 4-4A has dominated region 3-4A. However, last year two teams, DC and LA pulled out victories in the first round with DC making to the quarterfinals. Region 4’s top three teams, Nolensville, Marshall County, and Tullahoma, are looking really good throughout this season. DC and MC look like the overall dominant forces in Region 3. LA is playing fairly well too. The matchups should look as following: 

Lawerence County/Spring Hill @ DeKalb County

Marshall County/Nolensville @ Macon County/ Livingston Academy

Macon County/Livingston Academy @ Marshall County/ Nolensville 

Stone Memorial @ Tullahoma

Will Region 3 have one or two move on or will region 4 dominate throughout? Thoughts?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Lawrence County/Spring Hill winner getting to the Quarterfinals

Marshall County loses, Nolensville Wins

Macon County wins, Nolensville wins if the opponent is Livingston Acacdemy, Livingston Academy beats Marshall County

This is the tossup game, 50-50, I think the winner of this game will represent quadrant 2 in the 4A Semifinals, either could win the Gold Ball, Stone Memorial has never done well as the favorite or higher seed, they might do better and thrive in the Underdog role, The one who comes out of Quad 2 will probably be fed to Elizabethton in the 4A Semifinals

2 hours ago, chrisburr said:

I see Lawrence County/Spring Hill winner getting to the Quarterfinals

Marshall County loses, Nolensville Wins

Macon County wins, Nolensville wins if the opponent is Livingston Acacdemy, Livingston Academy beats Marshall County

This is the tossup game, 50-50, I think the winner of this game will represent quadrant 2 in the 4A Semifinals, either could win the Gold Ball, Stone Memorial has never done well as the favorite or higher seed, they might do better and thrive in the Underdog role, The one who comes out of Quad 2 will probably be fed to Elizabethton in the 4A Semifinals

Lawrence/Spring Hill to Quarterfinals? Stone Memorial and Tullahoma is a 50/50 game?

Don't ever go to Vegas my friend. 

7 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Dude has spent too much time with Tyrone Biggums. 

Thought I stepped into the twilight zone for a second. 

I see Dekalb winning vs. the 4-seed from Region 4. Spring Hill could possibly give them a game. 

Whoever gets Macon out of Region 4 could be pushed, but I like Nolensville or Marshall to move on vs. Macon and/or Livingston. 

Tullahoma will have running clock on Stone Memorial as soon as the second half starts. 

I think 1-3 from Region 4 could have won the Region in Region 3. 

I see the second round being:

Dekalb vs. Nolensville/Marshall

Tullahoma vs. Nolensville/Marshall

Edited by vuau1989

35 minutes ago, vuau1989 said:

Thought I stepped into the twilight zone for a second. 

I see Dekalb winning vs. the 4-seed from Region 4. Spring Hill could possibly give them a game. 

Whoever gets Macon out of Region 4 could be pushed, but I like Nolensville or Marshall to move on vs. Macon and/or Livingston. 

Tullahoma will have running clock on Stone Memorial as soon as the second half starts. 

I think 1-3 from Region 4 could have won the Region in Region 3. 

I see the second round being:

Dekalb vs. Nolensville/Marshall

Tullahoma vs. Nolensville/Marshall

MC is going to put up a test whether it’s Nolensville or Marshall County. MC has played tough all year. Could very well be 8-0 on the season. MC has struggled to finish against really good teams. I believe the post season is when the Tigers will be able to do that. This team has seen Nolensville two years in a row. I think if they get them a third time, MC will want to make a statement 

22 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

MC is going to put up a test whether it’s Nolensville or Marshall County. MC has played tough all year. Could very well be 8-0 on the season. MC has struggled to finish against really good teams. I believe the post season is when the Tigers will be able to do that. This team has seen Nolensville two years in a row. I think if they get them a third time, MC will want to make a statement 

What are your predictions then? What will the second round matchups be?

14 minutes ago, vuau1989 said:

What are your predictions then? What will the second round matchups be?

I could see:
Nolensville/Marshall @ DeKalb

Macon @ Tullahoma 

MC will have to be on their A+ game. But I’m not going to doubt the Tigers on the ridge this year. They have fight like I’ve never seen. 

I believe this is the second round if MC plays at home. However, if MC travels, it will be a lot tougher for us to advance. But that would give MC a chance for a rematch with DC. 

Edited by MCFAN3

32 minutes ago, LACats said:

DeKalb will probably advance as long as it doesn't rain that night and I really think that will be it. I hope I am wrong but just don't see anyone else from Region 3 being able to pull it off. 

MC has everyone healthy at this point. 2 is having a fantastic year running the football. He’s been a dominant part of MC’s run game this year.  MC has been running on the game plan of hard nose football by running the ball against good teams. If we can run a similar scheme against a team like  Nolensville or Marshall, we could give them a run to the finish. I’m just excited for the post season and look forward to many upsets and see how it will play out!

Edited by MCFAN3

1 hour ago, fritos4dayss said:

Dekalb only team that MAY make it out of 1st round, from Spring Hill's record they could give DC all they want, still don't think they will have the athletes DC does.

Overlooking Spring Hill would be a big mistake. They are better than their record indicates.