Red Bank hosting Grundy County

Lionsguy423

On 11/3/2020 at 11:25 AM, Rocky34 said:

The Bryant's were excellent individuals to coach football here on the mountain.  They definitely made some mistakes I think with overseeing the program but they were mistakes made due to inexperience.  Grundy should have worked with them and invested in, as you say, their "own".  There has to be change of leadership in the football program for things to have a chance to get better.  The current coach may make a very good assistant coach??

LOT of talent when Bryant boys there, may be different story for them now. Not alot of talent in the past 5 to 6 years

I disagree the statement made that there is not a lot of talent in Grundy the last 5-6 years.  There has been talent in Grundy for the last 40 plus years.  Does all the talent choose to play football each year?  No, they do not but the talent is there.   If we ever get the right hire made here, that will invest in our boys, you can mark it down that the yellow jackets can and will start winning.  Raider, I feel like we will get thumped tonight but anyone that is able to watch the game will tell you afterwards that there was a lot of fight in our kids and they never quit.  Unfortunately, you will also probably here that our coaches do not have a clue what they are doing which is most likely true.

14 minutes ago, Rocky34 said:

I disagree the statement made that there is not a lot of talent in Grundy the last 5-6 years.  There has been talent in Grundy for the last 40 plus years.  Does all the talent choose to play football each year?  No, they do not but the talent is there.   If we ever get the right hire made here, that will invest in our boys, you can mark it down that the yellow jackets can and will start winning.  Raider, I feel like we will get thumped tonight but anyone that is able to watch the game will tell you afterwards that there was a lot of fight in our kids and they never quit.  Unfortunately, you will also probably here that our coaches do not have a clue what they are doing which is most likely true.

I agree I pulled up high lights on max prep and see that the kids play hard, just look as you say not coached and are out of position, looks like they are running a 4-3 and really do not adjust to anything just blitz and that usually is not the answer lol.

On 11/4/2020 at 2:04 PM, logcabinman said:

Red Bank in a huge way, JV in 2nd half.

You called it. 50-6.  Grundy TD in the last few seconds. JV owes V Buffalo Wild Wings. 

I have to say Grundy got slammed, literally, gritted their teeth and stayed in the game the best they could.  I can’t imagine how down they are with the end result and really felt for those boys and the coaching staff. 

Edited by Pr1de

22 minutes ago, Pr1de said:

You called it. 50-6.  Grundy TD in the last few seconds. JV owes V Buffalo Wild Wings. 

I have to say Grundy got slammed, literally, gritted their teeth and stayed in the game the best they could.  I can’t imagine how down they are with the end result and really felt for those boys and the coaching staff. 

How did Red Bank look tonight? I wasn’t able to make it! 

7 minutes ago, Lionsguy423 said:

How did Red Bank look tonight? I wasn’t able to make it! 

Slow to start compared to other games. I’m assuming they knew it would be an easy win and were cruising along for a bit. Once it was on, it was on. Interceptions, tackles, long run TDs, etc.. You know how they do.. fast and brutal. Grundy was undersized and overwhelmed but they gave it their best shot. 

23 minutes ago, Pr1de said:

Slow to start compared to other games. I’m assuming they knew it would be an easy win and were cruising along for a bit. Once it was on, it was on. Interceptions, tackles, long run TDs, etc.. You know how they do.. fast and brutal. Grundy was undersized and overwhelmed but they gave it their best shot. 

Slow start? Lol they scored 30 in the first quarter . This is my favorite Red Bank team I could ever remember