Forrest travels to Waverly Round 2

vandyfan1

47 minutes ago, Tigers6056 said:

I've heard Forrest is fast and very good on defense but I didn't ask about their size and athletic ability in the trenches. I think the General is down playing Forrest some. I hope Waverly gets fired up before the game instead of waiting for a butt chewing lol. 

Im just glad ill.be bck in town for this game.  Should be a good one 

53 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

I promise you I am not playing down a team who:

• Blew a 14-0 lead at 2-8 4A Portland
  • Was not competitive against 1A Moore Co
  • Was only up 5-0 at half against "Worst team in 1A/2A" Community
  • Lost to mediocre-at-best Cascade at home. 

Well we have looked bad at times as well so I'm expecting a battle like every time y'all have visited our cow pasture. 

57 minutes ago, classof1994 said:

I'll take Forrest in a closely contested defensive game..

Moore Co this year actually reminded me of Waverly in 2017. Some "quick as a cat" kids who just ran all over the place. Maybe @Salemcan weigh in.

That said, we are ok on defense. I don't put us in the elite category by any stretch. That's why I cannot get a feel for this. Hill, Wilson, Follis and Kirby are very good. Hill is elite and has been for 3 years. 

Forrest offense has been jekyll/hyde also.   Last two weeks, Lewis Co, all kinds of yards, Red Zone impotence. EH? They couldn't stop us. 

Edited by GeneralForrest

53 minutes ago, classof1994 said:

I'll take Forrest in a closely contested defensive game..

If we was going on just strictly defense I would highly favor Waverly. I definitely think our defense is better than Forrest. For Waverly Houston has to punish the tacklers trying to tackle him. He is to big and to strong to be trying to hurdle or juke a tackler. Dooley needs to read that option a little more and he would be deadly has a runner. The only thing I would like to see is do a little better on defense is I would like to see our Dbacks turn to make a play on the ball. That’s my only complaint.

17 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

If we was going on just strictly defense I would highly favor Waverly. I definitely think our defense is better than Forrest. For Waverly Houston has to punish the tacklers trying to tackle him. He is to big and to strong to be trying to hurdle or juke a tackler. Dooley needs to read that option a little more and he would be deadly has a runner. The only thing I would like to see is do a little better on defense is I would like to see our Dbacks turn to make a play on the ball. That’s my only complaint.

the defenses dont play each other. 

its forrest d vs waverly o

waverly d vs forrest o