Forrest travels to Waverly Round 2

vandyfan1

Games are so hard to predict this year because of the amount of injuries and players on quarantine. You can watch film or even go watch teams play in person and not know who they have missing and how much they impact their team. Some of y'all study it more than I do but that's my take on it. I don't know if Forrest will have any players this week that arent on film that I watched and I think Waverly should be at full strength except the two injured players. With all that said I think this will be a darn good game and if we have done our homework (coaches&players) and we play like we did against westview, riverside, and the second half of Loretto we should win. If not then Forrest wins.

3 hours ago, Salem said:

2nd half Lawrence Co, Community, Cascade, LC  games were some of the worst offense Rocket football I can remember going way back. Any top 20 2A team would peak against East Hickman. Waverly's peak game vs Riverside is more impressive. 

I was actually more impressed by what I saw from Forrest against Lewis than almost any of their wins. Two straight games they have looked better. And don't forget, EH beat Waverly 1-0. 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

I was actually more impressed by what I saw from Forrest against Lewis than almost any of their wins. Two straight games they have looked better. And don't forget, EH beat Waverly 1-0. 

You really gonna hold a covid loss to a team that wouldn't play is when we was cleared to play the same week. I got us winning 38 to 17

I like Forrest's Defense a lot, but I don't have a lot of confidence in their offense. I hope that this doesn't come across as slighting Forrest because they played lights out against LC. During the 1st half along with their great defense against LC they did everything they need to to win except score. They ran 36 plays for 136 yards. The 2nd half was a bit different and they ran 23 plays for 65 yards with about half of that coming with 1:00 minute to go in the game with LC in the prevent. If Forrest's offense could have continued their success they had a real chance to win that game. So, if they have any chance at all against Waverly those first down generating drives has to result in TDs. Strictly judging by the Westview and Riverside game I think that if Waverly plays ball and has no turnovers they should win.  

55 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

I like Forrest's Defense a lot, but I don't have a lot of confidence in their offense. I hope that this doesn't come across as slighting Forrest because they played lights out against LC. During the 1st half along with their great defense against LC they did everything they need to to win except score. They ran 36 plays for 136 yards. The 2nd half was a bit different and they ran 23 plays for 65 yards with about half of that coming with 1:00 minute to go in the game with LC in the prevent. If Forrest's offense could have continued their success they had a real chance to win that game. So, if they have any chance at all against Waverly those first down generating drives has to result in TDs. Strictly judging by the Westview and Riverside game I think that if Waverly plays ball and has no turnovers they should win.  

Our offense was scoreless for 3 quarters against Portland, 4 Quarters against LC, for 47 minutes against Cascade (they just gave up 40 plus to Bledsoe in the first half),  and couldn’t score a first half TD against Community. Anyone who feels slighted should slap themselves. 

if Waverly scores 38 they win easily. 

Forrest need to score 28 to win and hold Waverly to 21. it's the only scenario i see Forrest winning in. 

Waverly scored what 31 in 2018? 32? They were more ball control then. 2017 was Oregon style.  

https://www.marshalltribune.com/story/2564802.html

Was 14-12 at half and 26-19 late. 

in 2017 it was 28-20 at half. 

Watching Forrest vs Lewis from a couple weeks ago. Shocked at how slow Lewis appears to be. They actually made us look quick. 

This changes my opinion of this coming Friday.  I def think Forrest will lose decisively. 21-6 and it wont be that close. Forrest won't sniff more than a half dozen first downs. Waverly will control the game, be up 13-0 at half and will be up 21-0 until Forrest scores a garbage TD late. 

Nice win Waverly. 

10 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Watching Forrest vs Lewis from a couple weeks ago. Shocked at how slow Lewis appears to be. They actually made us look quick. 

This changes my opinion of this coming Friday.  I def think Forrest will lose decisively. 21-6 and it wont be that close. Forrest won't sniff more than a half dozen first downs. Waverly will control the game, be up 13-0 at half and will be up 21-0 until Forrest scores a garbage TD late. 

Nice win Waverly. 

I've said all year this Lewis Co did not look as athletic as in years past. The field conditions in the LC game affected the quickness of both teams. Their field was floating that night. If the Waverly D is as good as advertised we could be looking at another shutout. Waverly should score 3 Tds.