JCHS/Oliver Springs

bob77

I really didn't feel our inside size was our weakness, heck Giles Co is bigger than JC. We were intimidated in the 1st quarter and got behind. We did make a run and cut the score back to within 10, but got away from the game plan. Our girls were not mentally prepared, I hope the girls realize that they have to mentally be ready as well as physically.

Jackson Co has a Great Ball TEAM.

Hang in there LADY CATS, KEEP WORKING HARD, you might get another chance on a neutral floor.

Yes it counted,I thought OS girls just looked tired and drained from the night before not to take anything away from JC they have a great team and would be hard to beat anywhere, but I agree we kinda got away from our game also. But its still early and OS girls your 4-1 gotta keep looking at just playing hard and keep focused and good things will happen for you good luck...

Guest BLTbsktbl42

I think that the girls lost simply because of not doing fundementals. In order to win the boards you have to box out and that didn't happen in the game. I think the free throws also hurt, but the fouls will even out on a neutral floor. Overall defense was not too bad.

I talked with Coach Wright this morning and he didn't seem too upset with the loss. He was happy that OS only committed six turnovers, but he knows that when you shoot 30% (18-60) from the floor that you aren't going to win many games. He did not like the fact that Jackson County had 19 offensive boards and OS missed eight lay-ups though. Basically OS hits the easy shots and does better on the boards then they can compete with Jackson County. Remember this game was a measuring stick game for OS and they'll use it to get better.