Wadele Williams----best PG in State

gomab2

Columbia's Sr PG Wadele Williams may just be the best PG in the entire state, especially among Seniors.... Howard's Ricky Harper, Dyer Co's combo-guard Montrelle Crittendon, Mannassas' Mario Lusk, and Hume Fogg's Brandon Harriford are also right up there........ but Wadele's performances this past weekend head to head against top rated PG's Bubba Taylor and Henry Harris were nothing short of Spectacular....

Wadele averaged 25.0 ppg, 6.3 apg, and 4.7 spg over his three games...... Wadele is a strong, super-athletic PG who is amazing defensively, runs a team very well, and can knock down the outside shot conistently... This kid is recieiving a bunch of Mid Major interest, but is talented enough to play borderline-Conference USA ball....

Some Mid Major program out there is going to get a MAJOR steal when they sign this top-notch PG.......

Let's not get to hasty! Let's wait and see what pans out in the weeks to come. I know Wadelle is a great player, but the season is young. Bubba has got to get in basketball shape. Football almost ruined him. We are trying to get weight off him where he can move like the old Bubba. Henry just doesn't have the cast around him. Let's give it a while. :confused:

I agree that we could give it a while..... but Wadele sure looks like the best right now..... The job he did defensively on Henry was remarkable. Henry couldn't get t the whole, or even get a good shot off, until Wadele went to the bench with foul trouble (where Henry had 8 of his 13 points with Wadele out of the game)..... Also, Wadele doesn't have any better of a supporting cast than Henry does at this point.....

Simply put, Wadele was amazing all week long againt top notch competition, and scored from all over the court, along with leading his team to the championship....

trust me williams' has a much better cast(than stratford). you can't tell me that stratford has anybody in fred sparkman's league. columbia has a good team. it was proved this weekend.

good luck to columbia and wadale williams.

i wasn't at any of the games so i can't make any judgements on how the battles went down.

WELL I WAS AT ALL OF THE GAMES AND WADELL WAS AMAZING BUT I KNOW HIM IT WAS JUST TYPICAL WADELL, AND YES HE OUT PLAYED BUBBA AND HENRY THIS WEEKEND BUT TO BUBBA'S DEFENCE I WANT EVERYBODY TO HERE THIS IS PARTLY MY FAULT BECAUSE I SHOULD NEVER LET HIM PLAY FOOTBALL THIS YEAR AFTER A THREE YEAR ABSENCE BUT HE DONE WELL ANYWAY BUT WITH THIS SEASON AND THE INJURY TO HIS KNEE AND THE 20 POUNDS EXTRA IT HAS PUT A STRAIN ON HIS GAME. hE IS NOT THE SAME PLAYER HE WAS BEFORE FOOTBALL, IT IS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY BUT IT WILL COME BACK I HOPE BUT NOT TO MAKE EXCUSES IF COLUMBIA PLAYES MAPLEWOOD AGAIN AND BUBBA IS BACK TO HIMSELF IT WILL BE A BLOW OUT YOU CAN COUNT ON IT BUT COLUMBIA IS GOOD. AND DONT COUNT HENRY OUT HE DOES HAVE A GOOD SUPPORTING CAST JUST ASK WHITES CREEK OR GLENCLIFF BUT HENRY JUST RAN INTO A VERY STRONG AND BUILT DEFENSIVE GUARD WHO IS JUST AS QUICK AS HE AND THAT GAVE HIM PROBLEMS. HENRY HAS TO SCORE FOR THEM BECAUSE HE AND WADELL ARE THE PRIMARY SCORERS FOR THEIR TEAMS BUT BUBBA DOES NOT BECAUSE HE HAS A POST (BG) AND A SHOOTER (RG) SO HE DOES NOT HAVE TO SCORE BUT IN CRUNCH TIME WHO MAKES THE PLAYES IT WILL BE BUBBA WIN OR LOSE. AGAINST WHITES CREEK AND COLUMBIA TO HIS CREDIT WHEN HIS SHOT WAS OFF HE STOP SHOOTING AND TOOK WADELL AND WHITES CREEK PEOPLE TO THE HOOP AT WILL WITH DOUBLE TEAMS TO ENVOLVE HIS PLAYERS BUT THATS A GOOD GUARD BUT WHEN HE SHEDS THOSE POUNDS AND GETS HIS SHOT RIGHT BLOW OUT CITY IT WILL BE FOR TEAMS JUST ASK COBRAFAN ABOUT HIS SHOOTING THIS SUMMER BUT TO MAK A LONG STORY SHORT RIGHT NOW WADELL IS THE MAN.

Great post RLTaylor........... I agree with everything you said, especially the parts on Bubba. When he gets back into basketball shape: watch out.... Bubba looked very unslfish, and really got his team involved well....

Also good points about supporting cast.....

Henry has no better supporting cast than Wadele, Cobrafan...trust me... And you say no one "in Sparkman's leauge"???? Many, he is a 6'2 post player with no offensive skills. I love his game nonetheless, and he plays so hard, and physical....but this is not a superstar. He missed three layups off Wadele passes. Fred was 3-12 shooting from the field, without a shot taken from outside of the lane. Again, I love Sparkman's role for Columbia, but don't make it out like he is this major supporting player..... Plus, Red is a better second guard than anyone Columbia has, not to mention Eric and Branton are very good as well.........................

Long winded, but, hey.... As RLTaylor stated, right now...Wadele has proved he is the man....

TO ADD I NOTICED THAT WADELL DOES SNOW BIRD ALOT AH LA MARCO POPE BUT IF YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IT DO IT BUT ITS NOT BECOMING IT PORTELLS SOME DEFENCIVE TENDENCIES THAT COLLEGES DONT LIKE, BUT GOOD JOB WW. AND ALSO TO NOTE WADELL WAS NOT THE POINT GUARD HE WAS THE TWO THEN PLAYED ONE AT TIMES WHICH IS GOOD RIGHT NOW BUT TOO SHORT FOR A TWO AT THE D1 LEVEL AT SOME SCHOOLS BUT HE IS A D1 PLAYER SO COLLEGES PLEASE GIVE HIM HIS DUE I ONLY HOPE THAT HIS GRADES ARE FINE AND DONT HOLD HIM BACK LIKE SO MANY OTHERS.

I can't believe you say Wadale doesn't have much of a supporting cast. The other two players out front are very good players and all three have played together for many years. They help make Wadale what he is. They weren't hitting this past weekend like they usually do outside but both will be playing college ball some where I bet, be it small school or large. All out front are very quick and can jump. Fred with his size and athletic ability just make the team work. One man doesn't make this team even though Wadale is an awesome force, one reason he will have an even better year this year is because of his teammates. This year he doesn't seem to think he has to do everything and they all work better offensively and defensively as a team. He also doesn't have the sole role as PG all three play that position as well as the wing position. That makes a pretty flexible team. Hope Wadale and his team go far this year. They have worked hard.

Wadele simply needs his perimeter teammates to step up.... I really like Brown's game, and know him personally, and was therefore very dissapointed in what I saw from him this week, especially defensively. He can bring a lot more to the table than he did....

And no, Wadele does not have an elite supporting cast right now... There are no Trevor Duke/Trenton Poynter or Tycen Buchannon/Joey Kignt combinations out there, or even close, for Wadele to team with.... This is show by when Wadele left the game..Columbia struggled badly, very badly, and couldnt' even come close to containing Harris......

Of course "One man doesn't make this team"; it never does...and I already said I love what Sparkman bring to the table...But it's just a fact that Wadele doesn't have the supporting cast of, say, a Maplewood.... I was simply responding to Cobrafan who made it sound like Harris has a clearly worse supporting cast than Wadele, and that is the only reason Wadele looked better in the matchup.....

Go Columbia!!! I like this team, but others have to really step up......

Wadele Williams-----best PG in the State

I don't want to take anything away from Williams, but the biggest difference in his play this year and last year is that he can play team ball because he is playing with people he know can play. Last year it looked like he tried to take up the slack for all the others and tried to do to much sometimes. As for the duo's you metioned Duke couldn't guard his armpit. Pointer did better his senior year on defense but that is not his strength. This group out front can handle the ball,all are quick, and play some mean defense and that is exactly what is winning their games. Wadale can't play defense all by himself. Just because the others don't stand out with most points doesn't mean they aren't just as dangerous as Williams when they have to be. They are the definition of team even those off the bench. Giles County had not run into a team that could play defense this well together. Way to go Lions great game to both teams. Eric and Tristan looked great for Giles County. Who is that big guy they have? Just kidding. Had to be the game of the night. It was a pleasure watching both teams play so hard and so well.

This guy is amazing. He is truly the best player in the state. Columbia loooks great right now. Is Wadale getting any looks from big time Division 1 schools? I think this guy can really compete on big time Division 1 basketball. To be honest, he should be ranked nationally. He's very dominant.