AUSTIN EAST (0-1) @ CLINTON (1-0)

92Dragon

This will be a toss up game. AE has speed that will give Clinton so issues. 1 Team is riding high with a Beat down at WB from a physically stand point. The other team got shutout to cross town rival 35-0. If Clinton can't handle the speed they lose. If they are able to handle the speed and be physical again in the running game, they will control the game and be (2-0). Best of luck to both teams. 

14 hours ago, catswild said:

Clinton will beat another bad team. AE may improve by season's end but Clinton will win this one easily. I don't pull for Clinton like some of my "Coacht friends" from OR do, but seriously, I'm not sure how much it helps Clinton to get better by beating bad teams. OR lost but it was against very stiff competition. Bearden will be better than WB or AE. When OR and Clinton do play, OR will have a huge edge in the quality of competition they've played. No idea how the game will turn out, but Clinton may not have helped itself with such a weak schedule...just saying. They will be 2-0 and I guess that's a plus.

Any win is a good win for Clinton High School Football. Been bad for so long, who cares who the wins come against? No need to worry about a difficult regular season schedule when you're not making the playoffs most years. Just get better, starting getting into the postseason, then schedule tougher teams in the future.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pinocchio007 said:

This will be a toss up game. AE has speed that will give Clinton so issues. 1 Team is riding high with a Beat down at WB from a physically stand point. The other team got shutout to cross town rival 35-0. If Clinton can't handle the speed they lose. If they are able to handle the speed and be physical again in the running game, they will control the game and be (2-0). Best of luck to both teams. 

AE's speed sure didn't help them against Fulton. :unsure:

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jim1972 said:

Not your typical AE team.Posters keep saying AE is fast--Have you actually seen them??I have and they are not.Clinton wins.

Typically AE is fast and physical. I watched them play Fulton and I wasn't very impressed compared to some of the past AE teams I've seen. 

hahahahahaha 2-3 Touchdowns?  Are you all really basing a Clinton win because you all beat WB?  Come on now, a WB team that hasn't had a winning season since when?  Ok and AE played a really good Fulton team and was dealing with yet another student/player lost to gun violence.   I think AE turn things around this game and get the offense rolling.  Yes, they have SPEED and they have POWER runners so I'll say it'll be a close game.  Hopefully AE can get that DUB!!!  I'm a lowkey Clinton fan but I'm pulling for my Roadrunners in this one.   Let's Go AE!!  

Edited by Turtle

13 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Typically AE is fast and physical. I watched them play Fulton and I wasn't very impressed compared to some of the past AE teams I've seen. 

When you're fighting a battle with other schools taking their players, of course you're not going to be impressed based off of old AE teams.  AE is AIGHT don't overlook them that's all i'm saying.

46 minutes ago, Turtle said:

When you're fighting a battle with other schools taking their players, of course you're not going to be impressed based off of old AE teams.  AE is AIGHT don't overlook them that's all i'm saying.

I feel ya. Clinton has had to deal with our better players going to AC, OR, Grace, Halls, Oliver Springs, Coalfield etc etc etc over the years. It is hard to compete like that.