Week#3: Science Hill @ West Ridge

WestRidge

Great atmosphere tonight at the ridge. Set up lounge area in the tailgating area and grilled some burgers. Fireworks show at the end of the game was on par with fun fest. Chocolate covered cheesecake at concessions is a treat. As for the game, I believe the team with the least mistakes came out the victor. I think the Wolves missing out on a game with Boone last week hurt them. The Wolves looked to be stronger then SH until halfway through the second quarter. Then, I could tell it was a coaches game from then on ( tactics). Both teams were in good shape. After the half, WR looked like a different team. Lots of mistakes and flags through the rest of the game. Can’t wait for the game with db. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gunner0331 said:

Great atmosphere tonight at the ridge. Set up lounge area in the tailgating area and grilled some burgers. Fireworks show at the end of the game was on par with fun fest. Chocolate covered cheesecake at concessions is a treat. As for the game, I believe the team with the least mistakes came out the victor. I think the Wolves missing out on a game with Boone last week hurt them. The Wolves looked to be stronger then SH until halfway through the second quarter. Then, I could tell it was a coaches game from then on ( tactics). Both teams were in good shape. After the half, WR looked like a different team. Lots of mistakes and flags through the rest of the game. Can’t wait for the game with db. 

It was a great atmosphere! What a facility! Eliminate the mistakes and it certainly could have been a different game. I agree on only playing 1 game coming into this game. Very concerned over the lack of an affective passing game. Another off week, get healed up if necessary and ready for DB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

It sounded like WR hang with the Hill but just couldn't cash in inside the 20, is that about it??

Both teams made mistakes. Game changing mistake was middle of third, WR trailing 26-21, had the ball inside the 20 of SH and threw a pick in the endzone. SH made some great halftime adjustments to shut down the QB keeper. WR coaches has to be able to counter. Like gunner stated 1st qtr looked like the Wolves were going to be hard to stop. After the 1st WR score, wolves picked off a pass and had a chance to go up 14-0, drive stalled and missed a FG. Just too many mistakes and yes I think part of that is only having 1 game under their belt but yes they hung but didn't cash in when they had the opportunities. 

3 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

Both teams made mistakes. Game changing mistake was middle of third, WR trailing 26-21, had the ball inside the 20 of SH and threw a pick in the endzone. SH made some great halftime adjustments to shut down the QB keeper. WR coaches has to be able to counter. Like gunner stated 1st qtr looked like the Wolves were going to be hard to stop. After the 1st WR score, wolves picked off a pass and had a chance to go up 14-0, drive stalled and missed a FG. Just too many mistakes and yes I think part of that is only having 1 game under their belt but yes they hung but didn't cash in when they had the opportunities. 

I've heard about this idea of "halftime adjustments".... What exactly does that mean?        As a Boone fan that is an unfamiliar concept.... *sigh*.....

1 hour ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Not this year. 

Probably not, but they might provide the strongest test of the season before Greeneville. The atmosphere should be electric. That's the biggest thing I miss about football down here. Aside from 1 or 2 places, the "crowds" are mostly parents and some students who are way more interested in socializing than football.