Dresden (5-2) @ McEwen (6-1)

HevyReturns

Sounds like Harpeth was a fluke, one of them losses that just happens at times. When the wheels fall off & there ain’t no spares to be found anywhere. Dresden has those for sure as well! One of them was in our first finals match, where we had better stats but got skunked on the scoreboard, and the season after our Gold we were expected to reach finals again, BUT got beat 6-0 at our place by a Memphis team. Other than Harpeth the Warriors would be undefeated. I do know McEwen will have the advantage at home, and will be super motivated to beat us for a better playoff seeding. Warriors next four games are all regional ones, with the best saved for last. Will be exciting for McEwen to see how it all falls out, and no doubt y’all will be laser focused & determined to make your mark & do it big. Lions are getting gooder & gooder though every week, & after playing well against those mighty Rebels last Friday, Dresden knows they can roll with anyone & with a few improvements here & there, tweak this & that, we just might surprise lots of teams. This will be a good game for both teams, because it is true, to be da man ya gotta beat da man, & you can’t get better unless you play good, strong teams. Iron sharpens iron.. and this Friday the Warriors will get to sharpen their spears & swords while the Lions will sharpen our claws & teeth. I hope it’s a triple overtime nail-biter & grey-hair causing nerve-wrecker with the winner doing so on a last play miracle, winning by one point (namely Dresden, hehe), let’s say 49-48.. or maybe a defensive masterpiece with 8-7 score after all those extra  periods. Ha. Yeah, I know, I’m a lil crazy.. naw, make that fully certified, Grade A no-doubt-about-it craaaazy. .. btw.. Does McEwen have it’s own radio or game announcers/station, like West Carroll has? Can it be watched online or via radio, or call-in a special phone number? 

13 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

Sounds like Harpeth was a fluke, one of them losses that just happens at times. When the wheels fall off & there ain’t no spares to be found anywhere. Dresden has those for sure as well! One of them was in our first finals match, where we had better stats but got skunked on the scoreboard, and the season after our Gold we were expected to reach finals again, BUT got beat 6-0 at our place by a Memphis team. Other than Harpeth the Warriors would be undefeated. I do know McEwen will have the advantage at home, and will be super motivated to beat us for a better playoff seeding. Warriors next four games are all regional ones, with the best saved for last. Will be exciting for McEwen to see how it all falls out, and no doubt y’all will be laser focused & determined to make your mark & do it big. Lions are getting gooder & gooder though every week, & after playing well against those mighty Rebels last Friday, Dresden knows they can roll with anyone & with a few improvements here & there, tweak this & that, we just might surprise lots of teams. This will be a good game for both teams, because it is true, to be da man ya gotta beat da man, & you can’t get better unless you play good, strong teams. Iron sharpens iron.. and this Friday the Warriors will get to sharpen their spears & swords while the Lions will sharpen our claws & teeth. I hope it’s a triple overtime nail-biter & grey-hair causing nerve-wrecker with the winner doing so on a last play miracle, winning by one point (namely Dresden, hehe), let’s say 49-48.. or maybe a defensive masterpiece with 8-7 score after all those extra  periods. Ha. Yeah, I know, I’m a lil crazy.. naw, make that fully certified, Grade A no-doubt-about-it craaaazy. .. btw.. Does McEwen have it’s own radio or game announcers/station, like West Carroll has? Can it be watched online or via radio, or call-in a special phone number? 

Mcewen will stream the game on Facebook. I will post the link. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

This will be a tough game for Mcewen. They have good size and some really good young talent but no depth. Number 35 for Mcewen is a junior and a load to bring down. http://www.hudl.com/v/2FqCQc

i heard hodge used the "win one for the gipper " speech .  those lions have no fricken clue who that is, but when hodgi started crying... they all threw on their helmets running to the field.   then he had to send his assistants to tell the team practice was over and to go home.    well, it's dresden... not harvard or notre dame

• Like 1

Watched film on McEwen, they do got some big beasty runners, they won’t be an easy out! I think Lions perked a few ears up against Rebels.. even their announcers were amazed & surprised at how Dresden manhandled the bigger & faster line of McKenzie, on both sides, & that hasn’t  happen, not at all this year. <<Their words, not mine (NFHS Network). Old Coach Hodge being our new coach now, maybe Hodge saved the playbook & tactics of one of his strength, nutrition, & line coaches he had way back when & brought that back as well. It helped get us a silver ball then, perhaps it’ll get a second Gold ball this year, & “shock the world”! Maybe Hodge & staff does a daily practice drill, very last thing, after they run the stairs & hill & all, at very end he does what Coach Jim Valvano did with NC State BBall team every practice in 1983, making them do the full celebration of cutting down nets after they won as champions.. the ladders, celebrating, saving a snip, high fives..  they did it all the last thing in practice. Crazy they thought? But he was programming their mind & heart in belief, because believing is seeing, whatever the mind of man can believe & see, he can achieve. And folk thought that Coach V was wacko.. but they did it! Shocked NCAA world!  Same thing happened with Amateur/College USA hockey team beating the unbeatable USSR pro team in Olympics in the Miracle On Ice. Was a win that happened first in their mind regardless of past history or expectations others had. No matter how strong, prepped, talented, gifted, & skilled the body is (or team), without that inner training, the eye of the tiger & heart of a champion warrior in their soul & mindset, it’ll usually never happen. And that “training book” the Lions used back then seemed to include all these kinds of ingredients, which Hodge had access to his first time here & his co-Coach put together this winning combo. well it wouldn’t surprise me if that awesome “system” is being used again this year. They doing something right cause Lions are getting better every game. Will be fun to see how far they go! McEwen this week will be another great test to see what’s what and who’s who. Fun fo’ sho’!

4 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Does the game start at 7:30 instead of normal 7, or is it time delayed? 

I found answer to question. Starts at 7:30 according to our school’s Dresden Quarterback Club FB page. Tickets sold at the gate. We appreciate Warriors giving us that extra 30 mins for rest after that long drive time. We very well might need it.