4th Annual Rotary Cup Heritage @ White House Week 11

Fryinpan66

Next Friday October 29th, the 4th Annual Rotary Cup will take place. Cross town rivals, the Heritage Patriots will be taking on the White House Blue Devils. White House has had an incredible season, Winning Region 6-3A and securing a #1 Seed in the Playoffs. After Losing the 1st game of the season to a good Station Camp team 14-7, BDP has reeled off 8 straight Wins. Winning by scoring a ton of points and getting timely stops on Defense. Leading the way for the Blue Devils is Senior Quarterback Ranen Blackburn. Ranen has shattered school records and put himself in contention for a Mr. Football award. Another threat in the White House backfield is Reece McAfee who has put up some big numbers at Running Back. Coach Ryan Hamilton has his a squad playing good football heading into the final week of the regular season. Coach Hamilton will also be up for some Coaching Awards with the success his team has had this season.

The visiting team, the Heritage Patriots have had a tough season. However, they just secured a Playoff spot last night, with the Win over the Stewart County Rebels 42-35. The Patriots have a 3 Headed Monster in the backfield, with Quarterback Taye Francis, Running Backs Malakhai Illarramendi, and Damian Dobak. Heritage doesn’t throw the ball very much, but when they do it’s to either Wide Receiver Ty Minnick, Full Back Brandor Rosa Paez, or any of the Running Backs. Taye is always a threat to take off with the football using his legs. Defensively, Heritage looks for stops creating Turnovers and getting opponents in long yardage situations. Coach Stetson Dickerson is in his 4th Season and he has really turned around the Heritage program. Before Dickerson’s arrival in 2018, Heritage had previously only Won 1 game in 2017. Now, the Patriots have made the Playoffs three years in a row. 

Look for a high scoring and hard hitting affair in the Rotary Cup, where long time friends become foes on the field. Heritage has Won the last 2 match ups in this rivalry. 

9 hours ago, copacanobra said:

Don’t want anyone getting hurt in a game that doesn’t have any playoff implications, but man I really want this W for pride sake. 

I’m sure your Blue Devils feel the same way. The last 2 years Heritage matched up well. This year, based on the first 9 games I can’t say the same. I expect some points, I just don’t think my Patriots can out score BDP. No injuries for either team would be great.

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I was looking at the stats tonight and I would have been way off if I were to guess.

For White House both #9 and #6 have rushed for exactly 955 yards this season.  #9 has scored 12TDs.  #6 has scored 10TDs.  

That’s as balanced of a 1-2 punch as you’ll find.  

It’s pretty impressive, but you better check your #’s…

This is straight from the White House BDP Facebook page: 

Seven milestones in the SAME GAME: 
- Blackburn 1,000 rushing season 
- McAfee 1,000 rushing season 
- RB 1,000 passing season 
- RB 4,000 career rushing 
- RB first 1,000 rush-pass same season 
- RB 20th 100 yard rush game 
- RB RM first duo 1,000 same season

Final White House 35, Westmoreland 28

Ranen Blackburn 17 rush for 170 yards 4 TD including the game winner with :07 to go. Blackburn 8-14 for 173 yards. 

Reece McAfee 13 rush for 88 yards. 2 receptions for 35 yards. 

Bryson Harper four catches for 98 yards and a defensive INT to seal the game

Total offense WH 431, Westmoreland 385

Time of possession White House 17:29 Westmoreland 30:31

**(They updated the Facebook page to say they are the 2nd QB & RB Duo to have 1,000 yard rushing season)**

RB has 1125 yards rushing with 16 TD’s & 1026 yards passing with 7 TD’s. 

RM has 1043 yards with TD’s and 16 catches for 198 yards.

8 minutes ago, Fryinpan66 said:

It’s pretty impressive, but you better check your #’s…

This is straight from the White House BDP Facebook page: 

Seven milestones in the SAME GAME: 
- Blackburn 1,000 rushing season 
- McAfee 1,000 rushing season 
- RB 1,000 passing season 
- RB 4,000 career rushing 
- RB first 1,000 rush-pass same season 
- RB 20th 100 yard rush game 
- RB RM first duo 1,000 same season

Final White House 35, Westmoreland 28

Ranen Blackburn 17 rush for 170 yards 4 TD including the game winner with :07 to go. Blackburn 8-14 for 173 yards. 

Reece McAfee 13 rush for 88 yards. 2 receptions for 35 yards. 

Bryson Harper four catches for 98 yards and a defensive INT to seal the game

Total offense WH 431, Westmoreland 385

Time of possession White House 17:29 Westmoreland 30:31

**(They updated the Facebook page to say they are the 2nd QB & RB Duo to have 1,000 yard rushing season)**

RB has 1125 yards rushing with 16 TD’s & 1026 yards passing with 7 TD’s. 

RM has 1043 yards with TD’s and 16 catches for 198 yards.

They’ll need to update their MP stats page in that case.  Very impressive numbers nonetheless.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I was looking at the stats tonight and I would have been way off if I were to guess.

For White House both #9 and #6 have rushed for exactly 955 yards this season.  #9 has scored 12TDs.  #6 has scored 10TDs.  

That’s as balanced of a 1-2 punch as you’ll find.  

Those were the stats going into the westmoreland game.  

4 minutes ago, copacanobra said:

Those were the stats going into the westmoreland game.  

Oh yeah? I swore I pulled them date stamped after last Friday’s game.

Here’s a question I was wanting to ask BDP. How long or what point does Ranen come out of the game Friday night? If it’s closer than expected, does WH’s HC keep playing his starters in a meaningless game as far as the playoff standings go? 

3 hours ago, Fryinpan66 said:

Oh yeah? I swore I pulled them date stamped after last Friday’s game.

Here’s a question I was wanting to ask BDP. How long or what point does Ranen come out of the game Friday night? If it’s closer than expected, does WH’s HC keep playing his starters in a meaningless game as far as the playoff standings go? 

Your stats about them both going over the thousand yard mark was right, I was saying they both had 955 yards going into the westmoreland game.  

But yeah I’m not sure how long Ranen plays.  Not to be offensive, but I hope we blow y’all out that way he doesn’t have to play very long.  Rivalry games tend to be close though which is why they’re so fun.  We’ll see what coach hammy decides.  

Edited by copacanobra

8 hours ago, copacanobra said:

Your stats about them both going over the thousand yard mark was right, I was saying they both had 955 yards going into the westmoreland game.  

But yeah I’m not sure how long Ranen plays.  Not to be offensive, but I hope we blow y’all out that way he doesn’t have to play very long.  Rivalry games tend to be close though which is why they’re so fun.  We’ll see what coach hammy decides.  

Gotcha. 

Yeah, your Blue Devils getting out front by a few scores early wouldn’t surprise me. I hope I’m wrong, I’m just being realistic. Heritage has started slow most of the season. Another X-Factor we haven’t talked about yet is the weather. With all this rain coming in, it will make for sloppy conditions and it could slow both teams teams down. Ball security will be at a premium. I’m no sissy, but if it’s a steady rain coming down or worse, I may stay home. I don’t want to melt. Ha! 

11 hours ago, Fryinpan66 said:

Congrats White House on your Win and snapping the streak in the Rotary Cup game. A lot of Offense in that game. Heritage definitely didn’t roll over for the Blue Devils. The Patriots have played good Offensive football the last few games. 

Close game as I expected.  Good luck next week in the playoffs!!

• Like 1