Week 11 5A R7 & R8 games

brian2000

Well this is it....the dust will be settled after tomorrow night. Seedings will be set in stone for November. To make conversation Springfield is the only team in both regions that already knows their seeding. All other teams are ready to battle for their PO seed.

In R7 I know the teams that are favored and those are my favorites to win as well but their are a couple of  scenarios that “could” happen. 
Portland @ HC      HC win
NE@ Kenwood      KW win        
1 SHS         
2 HC        
3 KW         
4 Port       

If Port and NE wins            
2 Port         
3 HC         
4 NE  (they win headup over KW).   

If Port and Ken wins their will be 3 teams 3-2 in region. Ken 6-4, Port 5-5, HC 4-6.

If HC and NE wins their will be 3 teams  2-3 in region. Ken 5-5, Port 4-6, NE 3-7. HC gets 2 seed.

R8: Memphis Central and Munford plays for the top 2 seeds. Dyers Co expected to seal up the 3 seed against the worse district team. Brighton is expected 4 seed if they get by 2nd worse team in that district. Brighton has 1 win on field in region and a covid win against Memphis Central back in Sept. Both schools were off on Oct 15th and they didn’t make it up...assuming it was fall break. Overton could have had a chance getting in if they’d played and won. 

Done! :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

I agree with what you have except I expect HC/Portland to be closer 

Could be. I figured HC will do decent job slowing the run down. Portland can’t throw so it may be a little tough. And Portland defense isn’t any better than NE....HC put up 44 against. Im also assuming NE burnt HC secondary some last wk

6 hours ago, brian2000 said:

Could be. I figured HC will do decent job slowing the run down. Portland can’t throw so it may be a little tough. And Portland defense isn’t any better than NE....HC put up 44 against. Im also assuming NE burnt HC secondary some last wk

Portland can't pass at all. It will depend on how well Portland can run the ball on the Pats.  They have two backs that can scoot.the difference now too is these players don't know they are suppose to lose to HC.  The Pats are just another team to them 

Edited by TheCommissioner

30 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Portland can't pass at all. It will depend on how well Portland can run the ball on the Pats.  They have two backs that can scoot.the difference now too is these players don't know they are suppose to lose to HC.  The Pats are just another team to them 

That’s true. They didn’t fear Station Camp or the Yellow Jackets for the most part.

20 hours ago, PPride said:

I just hope we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, like we have in the past. If we play our game, (running successfully), I think we have a great chance at beating the Pats. Time will tell, and that time is getting closer. Best of luck to both teams tomorrow night. B)

Two 1st qtr. fumbles don't help matters any.  B)