D2A USJ hosts DCA in semifinal

Playerscoach

2 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

… Trying to decide whether to believe your opinion or that of the 23 D1 coaches who have offered Kaydin Pope of Hardin County. For. His. Speed. With SIX 4.5 track guys, I’m starting to wonder if you guys should make the trip or if we should just mail you the trophy? We locked down Pope. Here’s to hoping the coaches can find a way for us to compete Friday. 

Also interesting that we didn’t run into you guys at the state track meet last year. None of the guys that Tabor (USJ) left in the dust in the 100M or 200M were wearing DCA uniforms. Are you sure you’re timing them right?

I have been complimentary of USJ so the passive aggressive stuff is kinda odd?

Locking down a RB is much easier than locking down four really fast WRs. As far as their times that’s for the track coaches to do and as far as I know there is no 40 yard race in HS track? Maybe you know of one though? 

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

It's all in good fun. No reason only the public schools should have fun talking smack on here!

There's a lot of excitement around USJ for this game. Think it's going to be a slobberknocker. May come down to who can execute better in the passing game the more I think about it...

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Locking down a RB is much easier than locking down four really fast WRs. As far as their times that’s for the track coaches to do and as far as I know there is no 40 yard race in HS track? Maybe you know of one though? 

He is just having a little fun with you.  Don't take it personally.  

Back to your last statement; Pope is a WR (#5 in the state) at Hardin Co and not a RB.  You keep mentioning the 4 WR's.  I'll admit that I have no life and love to watch football.  I watch a couple of games each week of our next opponents previous games.  Just curious how teams will try to approach us and how we will try to approach them.  I have watched DCA play Silverdale, NCS and FCS in the last few days (DCA's top opponents in my eyes).  DCA has gone 3 or 4 wide in less than 15% of their snaps in those 3 games.   Based on that average; DCA will run about 8 plays Friday night with all 4 "fast" WR's on field at the same time.  DCA maybe very successful with the 4 wide set but my money is on them trying to run the ball and use play action.  Not spreading everyone out and throwing the ball all over the place.  

However, maybe you are telling us that the 4 WR package is how DCA will go after our defense on Friday night.  If that is the case; thanks for giving us some insight to DCA's game plan.  

14-7 DCA at the half. DCA is everything Playerscoach said! Very fast and physical with a lot of team speed.

USJ has made some plays to hang around. Really hate it that Haynes is hobbled. If he's healthy he scores on that breakaway run. Part of the game though. 

Also has to be said there was some really questionable play calls and clock management by USJ to end the half. You just have to come out of there with at least a field goal try.  That's where not playing a close game in two months hurts.

DCA is big time though!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

Congrats to DCA.  The better team won. Gaines was very impressive tonight.

Congrats to USJ on a great season. What a great atmosphere, people, and program. DCA got all the breaks and luckily capitalized on them.

I was very impressed with many USJ players and spoke with #50 and #70 after the game. Both jump out on film with their effort and talent. I told them how great they were as players and after speaking with them it’s evident they are amazing young men.

USJ dominated DCA last season and that was the biggest motivation heading into this season. These seniors were 0-10 their freshman year so this is a great testimony to their perseverance. 

The score isn’t indicative of how evenly matched these two teams and if Haynes was healthy it would have likely been a different outcome.

17 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Serious question how did #19 and #7 compare to Pope? I believe #19 has no clue how good he can be in college with his 6’1” 185 lb frame and good speed, good route running, and great hands. Those two are fast but behind the kicker #25, #9, with #15 and #3 being about the same speed as #7 and faster than #19. The tailback who had an 80 yard td is behind all those kids as far as speed in concerned but he’s 190 lbs and only a sophomore with #15. 

I haven’t seen Pope in person or on film so I appreciate your input. 

USJ was a great environment and awesome facility Best of luck to you guys!

We had a better plan for Pope. Which allowed the TE to have a big game.  Pope has some wiggle those guys do not have.  We got beat by some poor execution in the secondary and the QB Gaines.  We got fast kids also.  It is disappointing that #25 for us was hobbled but that is part of the game. Him not being able to play defense really hurts us.