Heritage hires former UT Coach Joe Osovet

8 hours ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

Okay Scotty 

Who in the world is Scotty?  He must be someone famous if he got Osovet hired!  I too want Heritage to be successful.  I seen Osovets name on here.  I researched him.  I'm just flabbergasted that people would not want to hire this guy!  I think most on here are having fun but some make it personal.  Like I said I'm just and guy that works night shift and wants the people of Wildwood, Elejoy, Walland, and Townsend to have something to be happy about.  I'm so glad people on here think a lot of me to share my posts!  I can BS too!

2 hours ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

Heritage has measured themselves against, and gotten destroyed, by Maryville for the last 10 years. How has that worked out for them? 

You know what's bad, they would most likely be 0-10 against Greenback. Maybe could of got a win after they lost all their seniors in 2020 but before that Greenback would have won as big as Maryville did with a kid that drove right past Heritage every morning leaving Townsend headed down 411 South. Hopefully the new coach will help keep these kids from leaving. I'm not certain that is the biggest problem as it is so many boys out there want to enter the workforce during school to pay for that ride their driving to school. 

6 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You know what's bad, they would most likely be 0-10 against Greenback. Maybe could of got a win after they lost all their seniors in 2020 but before that Greenback would have won as big as Maryville did with a kid that drove right past Heritage every morning leaving Townsend headed down 411 South. Hopefully the new coach will help keep these kids from leaving. I'm not certain that is the biggest problem as it is so many boys out there want to enter the workforce during school to pay for that ride their driving to school. 

Who was the kid that drove past Heritage that went to Greenback?  That's a long drive!

Just now, BS101 said:

Who was the kid that drove past Heritage that went to Greenback?  That's a long drive!

Well let's say his first two years he drove to Maryville and it came down to a shared QB position wasn't what Derek Hunt was going to go with their senior year and the one went to Greenback his senior year and went to the state which was great for both kids. 

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well let's say his first two years he drove to Maryville and it came down to a shared QB position wasn't what Derek Hunt was going to go with their senior year and the one went to Greenback his senior year and went to the state which was great for both kids. 

This past year?

I already realize the new coach has been filled in with the folklore past down from one generation to the next about players all going to Maryville and Alcoa when looking for excuses why the program is in the shape it's in. The county leaders are the one's to blame here trying to run a school system on a beer budget and letting facilities get into an alarming situation that would drive any kid off if they had the choice or not play. Really get tired of that excuse.