GreenEville AAA Lady Green Devils

Americal198

Greeneville girls made it difficult for themselves by losing to Elizabethton and then having to travel to Seymour to play the Lady Eagles. 

As I've said, over and over, the Greeneville team is going to go as far as #10 junior, Lauren Bailey takes them. Unofficially, Bailey scored ten of her team's first twelve points and was close to having twenty, when she left the game with two fouls late in the first half. Bailey went gangbusters in the second half and had to have come close to scoring thirty points.

The Lady Eagles hung around, especially in the second half—which left the game in some doubt, as far as being able to relax.

Much credit for Greeneville Coach Annette Watts who got the team back on track.

EDIT: Lauren Bailey scored 25 points in last night's game against Seymour. Greeneville's appearance in the state tournament is their first one since 2010. Good luck ladies! 

Edited by Americal198

19 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Greeneville girls made it difficult for themselves by losing to Elizabethton and then having to travel to Seymour to play the Lady Eagles. 

As I've said, over and over, the Greeneville team is going to go as far as #10 junior, Lauren Bailey takes them. Unofficially, Bailey scored ten of her team's first twelve points and was close to having twenty, when she left the game with two fouls late in the first half. Bailey went gangbusters in the second half and had to have come close to scoring thirty points.

The Lady Eagles hung around, especially in the second half—which left the game in some doubt, as far as being able to relax.

Much credit for Greeneville Coach Annette Watts who got the team back on track.

EDIT: Lauren Bailey scored 25 points in last night's game against Seymour. Greeneville's appearance in the state tournament is their first one since 2010. Good luck ladies! 

Elizabethton has really come on.  Did you see what they did to northview?

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Elizabethton has really come on.  Did you see what they did to northview?

Elizabethton surprised me beating Grainger and Greeneville.

Don't know what happened to Northview. They weren't the same after Cambell Penland graduated. They did win 20 games this year, though.

I drove past Northview last night, on the way home after watching Greeneville at Seymour. The school decorated some lamp posts down by the highway with capital "Ns" all lit up green. Not much for them to cheer about, that's for sure. There's always next year.

Elizabethton has a tough draw in Upperman. I was lucky enough to watch Upperman play a few games in a couple of holiday tournaments in Greeneville the last couple of years. 

This should be a great tournament. It always is.