Week 1 Region 6 3A Predictions

Undisputed

2 hours ago, juicyJ said:

The Waverly-Fairview game will be great. No doubt they are top 2 teams in the region. 

Agree.  

And after looking at a "mock" re-classification list put out yesterday, this could be a final match up for a region championship for these two teams.  Waverly will drop back down, and White House will move back up.  Being a fan who has followed Fairview and high school football consistently for 10+ years, they both were great additions to this region to make it more competitive for sure!  Although I suspect Fairview will still play Waverly, as we did before they were in our region, I do not suspect we would schedule White House as a non-region game, simply due to the travel.  It is just a little farther than the trip to Waverly, but lots more traffic on a Friday afternoon!  LOL!

2 hours ago, ladyvol31 said:

Agree.  

And after looking at a "mock" re-classification list put out yesterday, this could be a final match up for a region championship for these two teams.  Waverly will drop back down, and White House will move back up.  Being a fan who has followed Fairview and high school football consistently for 10+ years, they both were great additions to this region to make it more competitive for sure!  Although I suspect Fairview will still play Waverly, as we did before they were in our region, I do not suspect we would schedule White House as a non-region game, simply due to the travel.  It is just a little farther than the trip to Waverly, but lots more traffic on a Friday afternoon!  LOL!

Waverly will be a force in 2A. White House will struggle in 4A. They do less with more, especially this season. With the size and talent they have, they should have easily won the region. 

I’d say Waverly is definitely looking forward to being back in 2A where they belong. A 3A Region Title would be nice to have due to the fact Waverly has never earned the 3A Region Title. Fairview will be tough as they always are but look forward to our continuing match ups in the future in non region play. White House has been a nice addition to play against and we’re glad we were able to split with them. Definitely looking forward getting back to 2A where I think our ultimate goal of a State Championship is achievable. 

5 hours ago, Trollin said:

I’d say Waverly is definitely looking forward to being back in 2A where they belong. A 3A Region Title would be nice to have due to the fact Waverly has never earned the 3A Region Title. Fairview will be tough as they always are but look forward to our continuing match ups in the future in non region play. White House has been a nice addition to play against and we’re glad we were able to split with them. Definitely looking forward getting back to 2A where I think our ultimate goal of a State Championship is achievable. 

Agree 

10 hours ago, banannapeel said:

Waverly will be a force in 2A. White House will struggle in 4A. They do less with more, especially this season. With the size and talent they have, they should have easily won the region. 

That’s actually kinda true.  It does seem like we do less with more now a days.  This team had a lot more talent than they realize.  

The playoff spots in Region 5-3A are nearly set:

1.)  East Nashville @ Smith County WINNER

2.)  East Nashville @ Smith County LOSER

3.)  Maplewood

4.)  Jackson County @ Stratford WINNER

The East Nashville @ Smith County and the Jackson County @ Stratford games will be played in Week 11.  

In Region 6-3A:

Fairview and Waverly are both 4-0 in the region.  They play one another in Week 11.  Waverly plays Cheatham County one week earlier.  Fairview plays Sycamore one week earlier.  That game will decide the region championship and homefield advantage through the first three rounds of the playoffs next month.

Sycamore is 3-2 in the region.  White House is 2-2 in the region.  Sycamore's final region contest is against Fairview in two weeks.  White House has to play Stewart County and White House-Heritage in region play.  If both teams end up with identical region records White House wins the head to head tiebreaker because they beat Sycamore in their matchup a few weeks ago.

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

The playoff spots in Region 5-3A are nearly set:

1.)  East Nashville @ Smith County WINNER

2.)  East Nashville @ Smith County LOSER

3.)  Maplewood

4.)  Jackson County @ Stratford WINNER

The East Nashville @ Smith County and the Jackson County @ Stratford games will be played in Week 11.  

In Region 6-3A:

Fairview and Waverly are both 4-0 in the region.  They play one another in Week 11.  Waverly plays Cheatham County one week earlier.  Fairview plays Sycamore one week earlier.  That game will decide the region championship and homefield advantage through the first three rounds of the playoffs next month.

Sycamore is 3-2 in the region.  White House is 2-2 in the region.  Sycamore's final region contest is against Fairview in two weeks.  White House has to play Stewart County and White House-Heritage in region play.  If both teams end up with identical region records White House wins the head to head tiebreaker because they beat Sycamore in their matchup a few weeks ago.

The Waverly vs. Fairview match up should be a fun one to watch! But there’s business to be handled before that happens!