ROGER PERRY FIELD... Really???

HCTonyDee

The problem over at MJ seems to be the same that UGA has had forever.  They have a higher opinion of themselves than is probably deserved based on what they actually accomplish on the field.  They also seem to do a better job of squandering great talent more than most staffs.  UGA did finally close the deal so there's hope for MJ I guess. 

The general consensus from what I hear is that the cupboard over there is about to get really bare (combo team is always an indicator of that) so maybe Perry thought he better get that done before he leaves for greener pastures.  A way to leave his legacy even if it's his dad's and not his.  It's a theory anyway.

Edited by HCTonyDee

2 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

No coward here. I just question naming the stadium for a coach who was there 7 years of the 100 year history of the school. Can't say it is because he reached the semis since it was done previously. If that is " beating my chest" then oh well.

Purvis is an alumni, coached there for years and won A LOT. Yet I can't imagine them naming the field after him. Name the gym for Tim Bell too?

To put any stock into this post shows me enough about you lol Roger Perry ended his career “prematurely” at MJ and was inducted into the TN high school HALL OF FAME for coaches…. He spent countless hours on maintenance of the complex/field and keeping it in pristine condition…. Then all of the sudden he had a bad heart issue and it took him away from the game. The man is more than a fitting name for that field.

3 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

To put any stock into this post shows me enough about you lol Roger Perry ended his career “prematurely” at MJ and was inducted into the TN high school HALL OF FAME for coaches…. He spent countless hours on maintenance of the complex/field and keeping it in pristine condition…. Then all of the sudden he had a bad heart issue and it took him away from the game. The man is more than a fitting name for that field.

Calm down Coach you need to be focused on Gallatin not some guys having fun on a flame board.

22 hours ago, HCTonyDee said:

Calm down Coach you need to be focused on Gallatin not some guys having fun on a flame board.

Wait a minute... You come on here, attack a giant of a man in this community. A man that has done more for people than just coach football. Things he doesn't want any recognition for. The man is the epitome of integrity and character. I would say its a tremendous choice to name the field after. You sir are a tool. A clown. Nothing more. And I haven't even mentioned the man's coaching resume. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GBEAR85 said:

Wait a minute... You come on here, attack a giant of a man in this community. A man that has done more for people than just coach football. Things he doesn't want any recognition for. The man is the epitome of integrity and character. I would say its a tremendous choice to name the field after. You sir are a tool. A clown. Nothing more. And I haven't even mentioned the man's coaching resume. 

There’s no reasoning with the less fortunate, people love to hate MJ most of which have almost no knowledge about the program. Hopefully T Perry and Co. can do the taking one the field this year.

53 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

There’s no reasoning with the less fortunate, people love to hate MJ most of which have almost no knowledge about the program. Hopefully T Perry and Co. can do the taking one the field this year.

Hating MJ is as much fun anymore as hating Notre Dame,,, there's just no point in it.  You guys aren't even the best program on your own block.  It is however great fun to point out one of the biggest homer moves we've seen in quite some time by a kid naming the field after his dad when both were meh during their time there.

Edited by HCTonyDee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GBEAR85 said:

You come on here, attack a giant of a man in this community.

He lives in Portland, I doubt anyone in MJ outside of that room you guys are all sitting in right now crying about message board trash talk even knows who he is.  Ask 30 people in MJ who RP is and they'd respond, "who"?  You guys just keep proving my point that you all live in a vacuum over there and think you're way more important than you really are.  Nobody outside of Maplewood or Glencliff fears MJ.

Edited by HCTonyDee
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, HCTonyDee said:

He lives in Portland, I doubt anyone in MJ outside of that room you guys are all sitting in right now crying about message board trash talk even knows who he is.  Ask 30 people in MJ who RP is and they'd respond, "who"?  You guys just keep proving my point that you all live in a vacuum over there and think you're way more important than you really are.  Nobody outside of Maplewood or Glencliff fears MJ.

You're so cool. Wow! You're such an internet tough guy. Big man and his big keyboard! You're way out of your element chief... You're so clueless. Big win for you sitting down in mom's basement.