Week 2: Dobyns-Bennett at Volunteer

DBKPT93

6 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

Maybe that’s why they are the back ups… Probably not going to get much playing time… I think that’s why they aren’t starters 

Well duh. My point was "a big drop-off" What you like to see is when your 2's come in they continue to execute. Especially with the QB technically being a starter. And especially against a team like Volunteer. The 2's didn't look "ready". But one plus with the 2's was they didn't give up a ton of yards with penalties. If you want to see how it works watch what happens when Maryville puts their 2's in the game. 

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well duh. My point was "a big drop-off" What you like to see is when your 2's come in they continue to execute. Especially with the QB technically being a starter. And especially against a team like Volunteer. The 2's didn't look "ready". But one plus with the 2's was they didn't give up a ton of yards with penalties. If you want to see how it works watch what happens when Maryville puts their 2's in the game. 

I understand we have played 2 bad teams, but you have your dramatic meter turned to high level to start the season. Also as much as Jake has played I don’t think we really have a 2 QB system anymore. Carson has played most of the snaps at this point. 

28 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

I understand we have played 2 bad teams, but you have your dramatic meter turned to high level to start the season. Also as much as Jake has played I don’t think we really have a 2 QB system anymore. Carson has played most of the snaps at this point. 

I don't have a dramatic meter, whatever that is. But you are right concerning the two-quarterback system. (which was dumb to begin with) They just need to go ahead and refer to Carson as the starter. Carson gets comfortable and starts rolling then they put Noah in for one possession and it just messes up the rhythm. And Noah can't get anything going anyway because he doesn't get the time to get settled down. 

6 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Man you said we weren’t better than last years team… that’s very dramatic and absolutely wrong. Our skills look better, and our line looks much improved. If you remember last year we struggled to run the ball against everyone..

31 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

Man you said we weren’t better than last years team… that’s very dramatic and absolutely wrong. Our skills look better, and our line looks much improved. If you remember last year we struggled to run the ball against everyone..

Calm down dude. DB has played two terrible teams to start the season. Beat them both easily but didn't look particularly good doing it. Thats just a fact. Maybe you're right. Maybe their better than last year, but at this point and judging by the opponent's I don't see it. I just don't see how you can judge the skills by playing Volunteer. And there's the penalties. It's like starting every game with minus 100 yards. But we can just leave the penalties out of this argument. Just to be fair to you. 

On 8/25/2022 at 3:57 PM, JDHoss said:

It's tough scheduling games these days, but yeah, Volunteer should never be on the schedule. Maybe look to the Roanoke area, Asheville area, Graham, Abingdon, Union? Any of those would be a better option than Volunteer in most seasons. 

Why schedule VA. teams they are very weak.  Maybe NC teams

1 hour ago, thehill23 said:

Those teams I mentioned are all better than Volunteer., which was the point of the post. Virginia up to Roanoke, the Asheville area, or Tennessee privates like Knox Catholic, Chattanooga Christian or McCallie are all good places for D-B to look for games. 

16 hours ago, thehill23 said:

Depends which Virginia area teams you're talking about.  Riverheads even though they're 1A could beat most VA 4A teams year in and year out.  

I would like to see us perhaps even go straight up US 23 for about 100 miles and pick up Pikeville, Belfry or in particular Johnson Central in Kentucky.  All three of those are dynasties year in and year out.