McMinn Central @ Tellico

charger05

On 8/23/2022 at 12:11 PM, Charger64 said:

Were you at the game? Asking for a friend.

Yes sir. Left after the 1st quarter. Not a very good McMinn team and one of our more talented Central teams. This wasn't the team I saw during the pre season. Maybe the teams we beat were just bad or the boys didn't show up. It definitely wasn't coaching though. The boys were unprepared and that's on them. 

On 8/23/2022 at 4:28 PM, blitzinbuc said:

I think a lot of Central's issues are a lot of their fans, which affects community support.  The expectations are high for this team, but those expectations needed to be tempered to something reasonable.  Some of the Central fans who post here on CoachT here predicted the Chargers would beat McMinn, yet when Central lost they were the first ones on here criticizing the coaches and the team.  Eating crow isn't enjoyable, but some people helped prepare their own plate of it. 
As someone who's coached before I can assure you that sometimes everything falls apart on your team. Whether it be the plays you called or the schemes you put on the field, there are times they just don't work and it's hard to find an answer during the game. Central's coaches didn't just fall of the watermelon truck - they know their stuff and I guarantee you they were more confused and frustrated Friday night than the fans were. And yes, some of the blame falls squarely on the players on the field. There's no need attacking the players or coaches though, just because your pride was hurt.  You should expect better than what you saw from them against McMinn, and I'm sure every Central coach and player would agree with that statement. But let them do the self-reflection and examination as a team if you desire to see improvement. 

Constructive criticism. I guarantee you they worked on everything I mentioned. It was an observation and rooted in truth. They're big boys and can handle it.  No coach or player was "attacked." It's called "accountability." They have the tools and they'll fix it. My crow tasted amazing BTW. I'll eat crow game 1, just to see the team learn from it and win a district title this season. It can CERTAINLY be done!

1 hour ago, gecko said:

Constructive criticism. I guarantee you they worked on everything I mentioned. It was an observation and rooted in truth. They're big boys and can handle it.  No coach or player was "attacked." It's called "accountability." They have the tools and they'll fix it. My crow tasted amazing BTW. I'll eat crow game 1, just to see the team learn from it and win a district title this season. It can CERTAINLY be done!

:popcorneater:

24 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

Classless bunch. Tellico disappointed me in how they handled the L last night. 

Indefensible.....

Do better......

Tough physical game last night between Central and Tellico. Bears could have "kicked in the tent poles" when they go down 21-0.  Hats off to the Bears for staying in the game. Game was hard fought but cleanly played for the most part. Football is an emotional game even for coaches but professionals will get over being butt hurt and move on.

Side note.....officiating was pretty inconsistent and that might be the case all year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charger64 said:

Tough physical game last night between Central and Tellico. Bears could have "kicked in the tent poles" when they go down 21-0.  Hats off to the Bears for staying in the game. Game was hard fought but cleanly played for the most part. Football is an emotional game even for coaches but professionals will get over being butt hurt and move on.

Side note.....officiating was pretty inconsistent and that might be the case all year.

Was a well coached game for the Chargers. Game plan was called and executed to a T. Pun intended lol. My boy fell in love with the game last night. I'm glad we left before the post game fireworks. The immaturity was one sided last night. I expected better! Good job..hope this is indication of what the season has in store. Every game is winnable. It'll be tough but there isn't any games where we'll be HUGE underdogs in. No Alcoas on schedule yet 

Edited by catchnburn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, catchnburn said:

Classless bunch. Tellico disappointed me in how they handled the L last night. 

Indefensible.....

Do better......

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

What happened. 

He's probably referring to the incident where a kid was yelling at Central coaching staff. I couldn't tell but there may have been some back n forth there. 

Why was Tellico upset? I thought we played clean and I didn't see alot of chirping going on.  A Central coach had to be held back? Oh but that's just emotions.... right? Come on man. Tellico has always been Classless when they lose. Can't react to the BS. Bobby White I thought would clean that up. He coached my brother at Sequoyah. I doubt it was just him. 

Anyway, Central needs to build on this and learn how to put a game away. Take out a fumble TD and the mistake by Tellico of not running clock out before half along with the blocked punt as a result it would have been 14 to 14 going into 4th quarter. 

• Like 1

Great win for the Chargers last night. I didn't have any doubt the team would respond positively after last week's loss.
Big region game coming up with Signal Mountain for the Chargers' first home game. 

• Like 1