Scotts Hill visits the Nest of Da Ville

cardfan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Hope you guys get the win. I always pull for the Cards if not playing Hardin or McNairy county. Hate to hear about injuries, y’all got several out?

Had five out against HC & a couple more banged up in the game! Hopefully we can get some starters back this week with it being a region game! I don’t see anyone coming close to beating HC during the regular season! Probably the best team I’ve seen them put on the field in a long time!! 

11 hours ago, utvol2 said:

If both teams don’t let up on the injuries it will turn into a JV game! We looked like a mash unit Friday night! 

I hate to whine about injuries, but since you brought it up...If we could have gotten to this point with everyone healthy, I felt that we could sneak up on some good teams, win some games that we weren't supposed to, and be right there with almost everyone on our schedule. We actually had good depth at the skill positions this summer, but are now having to use kids in situations that they would never have been in otherwise. Last count was six starters out (maybe seven after a trip to the Dr. today), and just putting a team on the field where everyone knows their role is getting dicey. Hopefully we can give y'all a decent game, and maybe we can both get through it without losing anyone else. I'll (hopefully) be around to see the Adamsville/Scotts Hill game be meaningful again, but what really sucks is for the kids (especially Seniors) to miss games, or their season, as most of our injuries are not just bumps and bruises. 

Let me know where and when...looking forward to meeting up!!!

1 hour ago, utvol2 said:

Had five out against HC & a couple more banged up in the game! Hopefully we can get some starters back this week with it being a region game! I don’t see anyone coming close to beating HC during the regular season! Probably the best team I’ve seen them put on the field in a long time!! 

Agree about Hardin County...'gonna take a very well put together team to hang with them this year!

10 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I hate to whine about injuries, but since you brought it up...If we could have gotten to this point with everyone healthy, I felt that we could sneak up on some good teams, win some games that we weren't supposed to, and be right there with almost everyone on our schedule. We actually had good depth at the skill positions this summer, but are now having to use kids in situations that they would never have been in otherwise. Last count was six starters out (maybe seven after a trip to the Dr. today), and just putting a team on the field where everyone knows their role is getting dicey. Hopefully we can give y'all a decent game, and maybe we can both get through it without losing anyone else. I'll (hopefully) be around to see the Adamsville/Scotts Hill game be meaningful again, but what really sucks is for the kids (especially Seniors) to miss games, or their season, as most of our injuries are not just bumps and bruises. 

Let me know where and when...looking forward to meeting up!!!

Looking forward to meeting up Friday night at the game! I’m sure it will be a good game! I don’t see either team giving up in this one! Just time for the young guys to step up! 

On 8/29/2022 at 10:14 AM, utvol2 said:

Heard today that two linemen are out...we're screening cheerleaders to see if any secretly want to play football...we've got a couple who can do handsprings and backflips...wonder if they can catch!

24 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Heard today that two linemen are out...we're screening cheerleaders to see if any secretly want to play football...we've got a couple who can do handsprings and backflips...wonder if they can catch!

Don’t you love it when the hits keep on coming! Hate that news for any kid brother! Prayers that no one gets injured tonight! Hope to meet up at halftime! Safe travels man!