Smith co travels to the rockpile

Mr. Postman1

This is what I will say... Our line play has drastically improved. On both sides of the ball. SC seems to like to throw the ball so I am curious how we will prepare. Moved the ball well last week against one of the best defenses in the state so I hope we continue that... Overall the question is can we hold up against their line, and can we stop their stud of a QB?? 

Ryan Harris is proved to be the best DC in 2A, so I would say he's got a plan for the iron man QB ;)

17 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

This is what I will say... Our line play has drastically improved. On both sides of the ball. SC seems to like to throw the ball so I am curious how we will prepare. Moved the ball well last week against one of the best defenses in the state so I hope we continue that... Overall the question is can we hold up against their line, and can we stop their stud of a QB?? 

Ryan Harris is proved to be the best DC in 2A, so I would say he's got a plan for the iron man QB ;)

Good points.  This game is a hard pick. We've played/scrimmage both.  How is westy past defense? Unfortunately we didn't get to see last week.lol. Smith line is huge, but your Dline  line will give them fits. 

Edited by biggest

33 minutes ago, biggest said:

Good points.  This game is a hard pick. We've played/scrimmage both.  How is westy past defense? Unfortunately we didn't get to see last week.lol. Smith line is huge, but your Dline  line will give them fits. 

Just curious how y’all faired against them in the scrimmage? Did they run on y’all? Really doesn’t matter a ton due to matchups vary from team to team but just curious

Edited by Mr. Postman1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Just curious how y’all faired against them in the scrimmage? Did they run on y’all? Really doesn’t matter a ton due to matchups vary from team to team but just curious

It ended 0-0 they  had maybe 2 decent drives that stalled out. I believe we had a goal line stand on one of those.  They threw it very little but that was before the freshman got alot of playing time.   We moved it on them about like yall last week not much!

Edited by biggest

2 hours ago, biggest said:

Solid when we know we have to prepare for it. 2 of our secondary starters are 2 or 3 year starters if I am not mistaken and then the other 2 are young 1st year starters but both good athletes. Very athletic secondary so I feel like they can get the job done but they haven't been tested this year... One thing that killed us against Portland was their little flank route they used. 

24 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

Solid when we know we have to prepare for it. 2 of our secondary starters are 2 or 3 year starters if I am not mistaken and then the other 2 are young 1st year starters but both good athletes. Very athletic secondary so I feel like they can get the job done but they haven't been tested this year... One thing that killed us against Portland was their little flank route they used. 

I wish it was Friday already