DII-A Middle Division

WoodJody82

Not shocking that FCS beat DCA, however the manner of which they did is surprising. Most wouldn't expect a running clock on the defending state champs in that rivalry. A lot of people had DCA as their favorite to repeat in D2A. At this rate, DCA may not even finish above .500 this season. Clearly something is awry over on the Stones River in Donelson. 

• Upvote 1

I was at the game a few years ago and noticed they had a low number of players on the sideline. This is probably true for a lot of division II single A schools. But with such low numbers, I can see how easy it is for teams to fluctuate from one year to the next year based on their senior and junior class and their sophomore and freshman class strength.

Edited by WoodJody82

On 9/4/2022 at 9:41 AM, smoke14 said:

What happened at the game? Is FCS that much better? Bigger and more athletic? I usually see both of them play each year but unfortunately I haven't gotten to see either team play this year? 

Having played DCA and viewed a couple of FCS games, FCS line is good sized / speed / well coached. That seems to be the biggest difference. DCA is still trying to fill some pretty big shoes from last year. On another middle note - Clarksville Academy QB is for real and #6 WR can go up and get a jump ball. Our game with them felt like a tennis match. Two of their scores were jump balls in the EZ and #6 came down with them both time. GCA is solid across the board - they beat the brakes off of us, we came out flat after our DCA win and honestly did not adjust to what they were doing in the 2nd half.

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2022 at 11:02 AM, y2kgt46 said:

Not shocking that FCS beat DCA, however the manner of which they did is surprising. Most wouldn't expect a running clock on the defending state champs in that rivalry. A lot of people had DCA as their favorite to repeat in D2A. At this rate, DCA may not even finish above .500 this season. Clearly something is awry over on the Stones River in Donelson. 

Hahaha. Maybe just a very young team at many spots but still has the talent to beat many teams?