Franklin County vs Giles County

REBELFAN70

9 hours ago, gypsyroad said:

FC was looking tired in the 3rd quarter. Too much talent on that team to have so many playing both ways. Guess the coaches can't figure out how to avoid that after 3 seasons.

I hate comments like this. From what I’ve heard, The center who plays dline has been out for two weeks and if you paid attention one of their dlinemen was taken by ambulance to the hospital in 2nd quarter. Not to mention their number 1 receiver not playing the whole game. I’m assuming that’s from an injury. I’ve been going to home games for around 7 years and it sounds more like you have a personal vendetta against a coach rather than a legit complaint. If your kids not playing, maybe he should get better. And from my count there is about 4 two way players even with injuries. What I saw was a good ball game from 2 good teams that went down to the wire. When they had to rely on backups due to injury and attrition  (3rd quarter) is when I saw a drop off. 

On 9/11/2022 at 12:05 AM, Raven67 said:

I hate comments like this. From what I’ve heard, The center who plays dline has been out for two weeks and if you paid attention one of their dlinemen was taken by ambulance to the hospital in 2nd quarter. Not to mention their number 1 receiver not playing the whole game. I’m assuming that’s from an injury. I’ve been going to home games for around 7 years and it sounds more like you have a personal vendetta against a coach rather than a legit complaint. If your kids not playing, maybe he should get better. And from my count there is about 4 two way players even with injuries. What I saw was a good ball game from 2 good teams that went down to the wire. When they had to rely on backups due to injury and attrition  (3rd quarter) is when I saw a drop off. 

The biggest difference in the game was special teams.  Every GC kick went through the endzone, and FC started drives at the 20.  Majority of FC's KO's resulted in mid-field field position for GC - #1 was a great returner.  GC hit two long FG's and FC missed a PAT - there's the winning margin of 7 pts right there.  GC pinned FC on the five at least once with a punt.  

With all of that said, it is undeniable that FC was whipping GC physically early, and GC was whipping FC physically late.  By the end, GC could run the ball very effectively, and FC couldn't.  Once those things happened, esp with some rain, it was pretty much over.  Big difference I saw early vs late was OL vs DL.  There aren't many OL/DL playing both ways for FC.  #72 comes to mind, not many others.    

Edited by PullinGuard

I was at this game. Special teams was indeed huge for Giles County.

Tough coaching by Franklin County at the end of the second quarter, too. Should have told the quarterback to take a sack or kneel instead of letting him run out of bounds and give Giles a chance to try that long field goal.

47-yard kick as time expired was massive for GCHS and gave them the confidence and momentum for the second half.

Was an ugly game by both teams, but was entertaining nonetheless.

• Like 1