GCHS B-BALL

krogers

What about dem' Cat's. They looked extremely impressive against Spring Hill on Tuesday. I know, Spring Hill isn't all that good, but GCHS played like a team. Tyler Smith is da' bomb! The boy has got serious UP'S! But there is no I in TEAM. I think Columbia is going to give us a run for the money on Friday. I wouldn't miss this for anything. Play hard CAT's!

I have watched Giles County play for years. They have never lacked talent. After seeing what Columbia did to them I am for certain that I am seeing the same old song being played out this season for Giles County. Too much street ball and relying on talent to win. I really hope that one day Giles County will realize this and hire a coach to shape the talent they have. Until this happens there will be no state championships. :)

I am a huge Giles County fan and will always be. Until the Columbia game, I thought that maybe, just maybe the Cats had enough raw talent to make up for the backyard ball that we are playing. A well disciplined, less talented team will give GCHS a run for their money on any given night. I don't believe that the coach has anything to do w/ it. He can teach the players in practice, but at game time, it is up to them whether they will use what they have been taught in practice. I think it will take a couple of more losses to make the Cats realized that playground ball won't work against a fundamental team. At least I hope they wake up. This is an exciting group of players to watch, but I don't like to watch them lose.

[Edited by krogers on 12-9-02 5:13P]