18 Morristown-Hamblen West (Morristown) 3-1 -4.3
19 Mount Juliet (Mt. Juliet) 2-1 -10.1
20 Northeast (Clarksville) 3-1 -7.1
21 Portland 3-1 -14.5
22 Clinton 3-1 -23.6
23 Knoxville Central (Knoxville) 1-3 6.4
24 Hillsboro (Nashville) 0-4 16.0
25 Memphis Central (Memphis) 2-2 -5.7

As a Daniel Boone fan it is very exciting to see us ranked 6th with a 4-0 record..... But the teams we have beaten are a combined 2-12.    Make no mistake, Boone has stout team this year in a lot of areas (defense and special teams especially), but I'm not sure a #6 ranking is right.    But a poll is nothing more than an opinion anyway, right?    So who knows, maybe we are the 6th best team.    For now we will take it and hopefully our guys will try to live up to the expectations.   This week's game against Morristown West is for all intents and purposes for the region 1 5A title, my understanding is that West has a fine team this year and I think we will match up better with them than against Elizabethton.    Not sure if anyone is starting a Boone/West thread but I'll go ahead and throw out Boone 24, MoWest 21 as a score.              At this point Knox West seems unbeatable in 5A, they will likely lose to Alcoa and Maryville but that has no impact on the playoffs.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

As a Daniel Boone fan it is very exciting to see us ranked 6th with a 4-0 record..... But the teams we have beaten are a combined 2-12.    Make no mistake, Boone has stout team this year in a lot of areas (defense and special teams especially), but I'm not sure a #6 ranking is right.    But a poll is nothing more than an opinion anyway, right?    So who knows, maybe we are the 6th best team.    For now we will take it and hopefully our guys will try to live up to the expectations.   This week's game against Morristown West is for all intents and purposes for the region 1 5A title, my understanding is that West has a fine team this year and I think we will match up better with them than against Elizabethton.    Not sure if anyone is starting a Boone/West thread but I'll go ahead and throw out Boone 24, MoWest 21 as a score.              At this point Knox West seems unbeatable in 5A, they will likely lose to Alcoa and Maryville but that has no impact on the playoffs.

I wasn’t going to comment on this feel good thread but just take a look at some of the laughable teams that made the list…. Some haven’t even won a game. Lol 

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I wasn’t going to comment on this feel good thread but just take a look at some of the laughable teams that made the list…. Some haven’t even won a game. Lol 

You are 100% correct, but it still feels good for the term Daniel Boone to appear in this list.               In the end it won't matter because my money is on Knox West, with a possibility of Page or Powell, everybody else is way down the list from these 3

57 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

You are 100% correct, but it still feels good for the term Daniel Boone to appear in this list.               In the end it won't matter because my money is on Knox West, with a possibility of Page or Powell, everybody else is way down the list from these 3

Where is the Boone v West game? If Boone wins do you think yall will win out the rest of the season?

1 hour ago, AllFacts101 said:

Where is the Boone v West game? If Boone wins do you think yall will win out the rest of the season?

I think Boone has the team that can go 10-0, now before anybody has a stroke I am NOT saying that will happen.     We will have trouble with CAK and Science Hill for sure.    This game with MoWest is the most important game of the season and from what I've seen it could go either way.    Boone has never won more than 8 games in the regular season so 10-0 would be entering into very unknown territory.   But hey, let's give it our best and see what happens.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I think Boone has the team that can go 10-0, now before anybody has a stroke I am NOT saying that will happen.     We will have trouble with CAK and Science Hill for sure.    This game with MoWest is the most important game of the season and from what I've seen it could go either way.    Boone has never won more than 8 games in the regular season so 10-0 would be entering into very unknown territory.   But hey, let's give it our best and see what happens.

You seem to be realistic, I like that. Congrats on the success of your team but I just think they’d have no chance against the eventual top 5, 5a has to offer come season end. Maybe I’m wrong.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

On 9/11/2022 at 8:42 PM, BruiseBrother98 said:
# School Ovr. Str.
1 West (Knoxville) 4-0 2.3
2 Springfield 4-0 -5.7
3 Powell 2-2 22.9
4 Henry County (Paris) 2-2 10.1
5 Nolensville 4-0 -8.5
6 Daniel Boone (Gray) 4-0 -16.7
7 Munford 4-0 -21.2
8 Page (Franklin) 4-0 -6.5
9 Franklin County (Winchester) 3-1 1.5
10 White County (Sparta) 4-0 -14.5
11 Sevier County (Sevierville) 4-0 -6.9
12 Rhea County (Evensville) 0-3 27.6
13 Green Hill (Mt. Juliet) 3-1 -6.0
14 Karns (Knoxville) 3-1 -9.7
15 McMinn County (Athens) 2-2 3.4
16 Oak Ridge 2-2 5.1
17 Station Camp (Gallatin) 3-1 -1.0
18 Morristown-Hamblen West (Morristown) 3-1 -4.3
19 Mount Juliet (Mt. Juliet) 2-1 -10.1
20 Northeast (Clarksville) 3-1 -7.1
21 Portland 3-1 -14.5
22 Clinton 3-1 -23.6
23 Knoxville Central (Knoxville) 1-3 6.4
24 Hillsboro (Nashville) 0-4 16.0
25 Memphis Central (Memphis) 2-2 -5.7

On 9/12/2022 at 10:13 AM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I believe someone pulled these teams out of a hat when they made this poll