Clay County @ Westmoreland

OldTownRoad

On 9/18/2022 at 8:35 PM, OldTownRoad said:

I don't believe it will be a three score margin by either team. I don't believe Westmoreland will play fast enough to score 28. However, it is not impossible for Westmoreland to hold Clay County to 7 if everything goes their way. The Eagles done a great job last year of controlling the clock in Celina and dominated time of possession. The last three games have been 21-12 Eagles, 27-22 Dawgs (should have been 19-14 Dawgs if not for back to back kickoff returns in the last minute of the game resulting in touchdowns), and 21-14 Dawgs. Seems that 3 scores is the magic number to win the game.

3 scores it was

On 9/20/2022 at 9:30 AM, TheTruthHurts22 said:

They are definitely run first behind a big bruising physical QB and RB. They run more of a read option now and it’s been effective so far, but they really haven’t played anybody yet with a decent defense that changes Friday! The soph. backup QB your referring to is now a WR and has already made some big plays from that position. The biggest difference from last year is Clay is coached way better than last year when they out-coached Westy with that Jake Johnson kid leading them. Clay should win this one by 13 or so even on the road. Westmorelands D is good and everything but they just can’t figure out how to beat little ole Celina and I don’t see that changing this week. It’s weird Westy beat a solid 4a Portland team and will struggle with tiny 1a Celina. 

I guess we figured it out. Also the secret to Clay co success is hold and grab jersey on the offensive line. 

Edited by Mr. Postman1

50 minutes ago, Doug said:

Just win baby ! 4 and 2 feels pretty good. Like the moxie of this group. Core group of seniors  bend but don't break. In a lot of cases the will exceeds the skill but they find a way.

Yep, 2 close losses. One to an undefeated 4a team and another to a top 5 3a team with a line like a college team. We are getting better on offense. This game tonight help us in my opinion. Beasley will be back for east Robertson also!

3 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Yep, 2 close losses. One to an undefeated 4a team and another to a top 5 3a team with a line like a college team. We are getting better on offense. This game tonight help us in my opinion. Beasley will be back for east Robertson also!

You were supposed to win this …. Clay is just a 1A school. That’s the logic you seem to enjoy using.

• Like 1