Green hill vs white co.

90warrior

7 minutes ago, Warrior0318 said:

Last year at Green Hill he only had 22 carries, for 192 and 3 TD.  He will need at least 35 carries this week I would imagine for us to win.  It was only one of two games (Station camp the other) he was held under 200 yards.  That game got crazy fast and I think we got overwhelmed and gave up a ton of big plays.  I expect this to be another shoot out, either way its going to be a great weekend, HS football Friday night and UF coming to Neyland sat!  Ill be there for both!

I think for Dowell to get the amount of touches he needs to get he needs to get mixed in some at wildcat again. WC hasn't used wildcat a whole lot this year but makes sense because the QB is playing very good as well. There were a few against MJ that QB should have definitely gave to Dowell. I think WC offense could be a whole lot more effective if you can get your snaps down. QB had to jump off the ground almost every snap last Friday.

2 minutes ago, middletn said:

I think for Dowell to get the amount of touches he needs to get he needs to get mixed in some at wildcat again. WC hasn't used wildcat a whole lot this year but makes sense because the QB is playing very good as well. There were a few against MJ that QB should have definitely gave to Dowell. I think WC offense could be a whole lot more effective if you can get your snaps down. QB had to jump off the ground almost every snap last Friday.

Heck yea, the snaps on offense and special teams have killed us all year!  Esp on punts!

15 minutes ago, Warrior0318 said:

Last year at Green Hill he only had 22 carries, for 192 and 3 TD.  He will need at least 35 carries this week I would imagine for us to win.  It was only one of two games (Station camp the other) he was held under 200 yards.  That game got crazy fast and I think we got overwhelmed and gave up a ton of big plays.  I expect this to be another shoot out, either way its going to be a great weekend, HS football Friday night and UF coming to Neyland sat!  Ill be there for both!

He needs 30 plus carries, Green Hill doesn’t appear to be having much success on offense in games against good teams.

I’ll be at Neyland as well.

Last year Green Hill had a habit of playing just well enough to win a bunch of games. So far they've essentially done the exact same thing. They underperformed against Hillsboro largely because they turned the ball over 3 times in the game. 2 of them were on plays that were already 30 yard gains with the ball deep in Hillsboro's territory. The Siegal game they also had problems keeping the ball at times and took some really terrible penalties. (A holding penalty on a scoring play that would have put them ahead late in the 4th comes to mind.)

Hillsboro's only scoring drive was their very first drive. After that it was pretty clear the GH made enough adjustments to keep them from moving the ball effectively. GH's defense has been pretty decent so far. The offense is the weakest link but if they hold onto the ball they should be competitive against everyone in their region.

Turnovers kill any team at any level.

I think it'll be close but I'll give the edge to the home team playing on a grass field. (vs turf at Green Hill) 34-28

1 hour ago, Lipscomb407 said:

Last year Green Hill had a habit of playing just well enough to win a bunch of games. So far they've essentially done the exact same thing. They underperformed against Hillsboro largely because they turned the ball over 3 times in the game. 2 of them were on plays that were already 30 yard gains with the ball deep in Hillsboro's territory. The Siegal game they also had problems keeping the ball at times and took some really terrible penalties. (A holding penalty on a scoring play that would have put them ahead late in the 4th comes to mind.)

Hillsboro's only scoring drive was their very first drive. After that it was pretty clear the GH made enough adjustments to keep them from moving the ball effectively. GH's defense has been pretty decent so far. The offense is the weakest link but if they hold onto the ball they should be competitive against everyone in their region.

Turnovers kill any team at any level.

I think it'll be close but I'll give the edge to the home team playing on a grass field. (vs turf at Green Hill) 34-28

Did you read the article that stated hillsboro was out 10 starting players against GH… 10. On an already depleted roster. No excuses can make up for that ugly win.

On 9/20/2022 at 2:49 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

One tight end/Wr that’s 6’7… white kid. Other than that they’re just a cohesive unit. They take the talent in MJ where most of the talent is…. Explains the quick success they’ve had. With that being said, they’re not that impressive… a loss to Siegel and two duds against Hillsboro and Columbia Central… I do think this will be the best defense y’all will face.

12 minutes ago, FootballFan4eva said:

Dude you seem clueless! They have several athletes who have D1 offers. Their tight end is 6’6 and black. And they have worked hard for where they are. If I recall, the kids playing at GH now were called “ MJ rejects. “ at one point Don’t be bitter 

You’re wrong/clueless as well then because he’s mixed. I’m not bitter, they haven’t looked very impressive this season under Couch Slouch. No big deal.