York vs. Gibbs

Tnfootball56

2 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Gibbs plays in a much harder region than Stone Memorial. Not really a fair comparison. And they are going to make the playoffs if things go as planned

if you look at the Sonny Moore ratings they are pretty equal regions.  Anderson is on another level, but that is it for the most part,  unless I'm getting my regions confused

6 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

I have no issue with having a cupcake on the schedule, but you need to play a non region schedule that prepares you to make a deep run in the playoffs.  That's what I'm saying.  region 2 2A is not a very good region and for that matter neither is 1A other than Hampton and since there is only 5 teams in region 2 you need some competition outside of the region.  This statement has nothing to do with classification if that is what you were referring to.

So you don’t see a competitive game closer to Jamestown other than Knoxville?  You think it’s okay to play up two classes when we dress 40-45 kids and they will dress 60-70?  So yes the statements are similar.  You have your opinion and I have mine.  

We lost tonight but we had very positive looks from the underclassmen and position changes that were made.

Also, I wanted to make clear that sometimes you have to put teams on your schedule that are not preferred that you want to play but that are available to play. 

I was at the Stone game (4A school), York had a more than fair chance to win that game but mistakes gave it away.

I watched this Gibbs game (4a school) from home just like I was there if not better than in person and we had some miscues on handoff’s that caused turnovers (our faults) that gave gibbs multiple possessions to score yet our defense played strong for with the 4 freshman that started tonight.

Clay county (1A school) will undoubtedly come out and bust us in the mouth but I think we’re capable of playing at a pretty high level for what we have no matter who is scheduled and I’m very grateful our young athletes that are stepping up than most other 2a sized schools could only hope to have that depth and diversity.

Coach Wright has always placed York in winnable positions, it just has to be executed with no to minimal mistake so it doesn’t matter who’s in front of you if you play up or down it’s who takes advantage of what’s given to you and who doesn’t.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tench said:

We lost tonight but we had very positive looks from the underclassmen and position changes that were made.

Also, I wanted to make clear that sometimes you have to put teams on your schedule that are not preferred that you want to play but that are available to play. 

I was at the Stone game (4A school), York had a more than fair chance to win that game but mistakes gave it away.

I watched this Gibbs game (4a school) from home just like I was there if not better than in person and we had some miscues on handoff’s that caused turnovers (our faults) that gave gibbs multiple possessions to score yet our defense played strong for with the 4 freshman that started tonight.

Clay county (1A school) will undoubtedly come out and bust us in the mouth but I think we’re capable of playing at a pretty high level for what we have no matter who is scheduled and I’m very grateful our young athletes that are stepping up than most other 2a sized schools could only hope to have that depth and diversity.

Coach Wright has always placed York in winnable positions, it just has to be executed with no to minimal mistake so it doesn’t matter who’s in front of you if you play up or down it’s who takes advantage of what’s given to you and who doesn’t.

I will agree with what you said.  Coach Wright is a heck of a coach and kids play hard for him.  I watched the game from home as well I was impressed with how we moved the ball, but we would spot ourselves in the foot with a penalty or drop a ball. Love the coach Wright brand of football and glad to have it back.    

8 minutes ago, crow said:

That sort of comment keeps coming up. What’s the deal anyway. Does he really come and go with talent?

This is like his third time as Coach possibly fourth. When he’s not there they just happen to be down every time. If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and smells like one. It’s a duck….

16 minutes ago, Thebalduglyduck said:

This is like his third time as Coach possibly fourth. When he’s not there they just happen to be down every time. If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and smells like one. It’s a duck….

Obviously your too young to know how long he’s been at York and probably don’t watch enough games to have an arguable comment on this website with anyone.

38 minutes ago, crow said:

That sort of comment keeps coming up. What’s the deal anyway. Does he really come and go with talent?

I’m sure when someone’s son didn’t get to play that’s when these comments come up. He’s been through thick and thin, don’t let these people fool you with that BS. Obviously everyone can have opinions but doesn’t mean their facts are right.

Edited by Tench

2 hours ago, Tench said:

I’m sure when someone’s son didn’t get to play that’s when these comments come up. He’s been through thick and thin, don’t let these people fool you with that BS. Obviously everyone can have opinions but doesn’t mean their facts are right.

I know a whole bunch of people from Jamestown. Young and old. I've never heard anything but good things about Derwin Wright. When you talk to the parents of these kids, they have the upmost respect for him. And the players love him,

York will be better next year and will make some noise in late November. 

Edited by TSSAAfootball

2 hours ago, Tench said:

Well I was actually fishing a little myself. Maybe he didn’t come back because they were going to be good, maybe, just maybe they’re good because he came back. Honestly they were talented enough last year to do what they’re doing this year.