Bradley @ Rhea County

Rhea Co.

Last year Rhea stunned Bradley with a dominant game by Ethan Davis. This it would be an even bigger upset if Rhea were to win on Senior night. With the change at the QB position last week, Carr looked good going 8 of 8 and Kaleb Martin at WR now gives the team a different look but a nice weapon at WR. Don’t know if we can get over the hump this week but a win would be a big boost heading toward the playoffs 

Edited by Rhea Co.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

What has happened at Rhea? Every year, you hear, this should be the year, then nothing. This might be the worst in recent memory.

We lost a very experienced offensive line from last year and we have been hit by injuries all year with our starting running backs and full backs. On defense we took a hit on the line as well plus we lost a good chunk of the secondary to graduation so we have been playing a bunch of sophomores and freshmen this year. I think we only lose 2 or 3 starters from this team. Then again the senior class only has like 6 or 7 total on the team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

What has happened at Rhea? Every year, you hear, this should be the year, then nothing. This might be the worst in recent memory.

Rhea won back to back Region Championships the past two years and lost to the eventual state Champs, Powell last season. I think they lost 1 reg season game in 2020 and 2 in 2021. All three losses last year were to 3 state champions. Pretty dang successful to me. I wouldn’t call that “nothing”.

Edited by UTVol3
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I really think it says a lot for Coach Pemberton, switching QBs at this point. Carr is a sophomore, and really showed a lot of poise for his age. I think that this might just be what we need to loosen up the box on opposing defenses.

Granted, it looks like a trip to Oak Ridge for our first round playoff game, and we will have to be able to contain their big backs... We'll see.

As for Bradley, I don't think that they will take us lightly... so we'll see what we have against a quality team. Looking forward to it.

GO EAGLES!!!

14 hours ago, UTVol3 said:

Rhea won back to back Region Championships the past two years and lost to the eventual state Champs, Powell last season. I think they lost 1 reg season game in 2020 and 2 in 2021. All three losses last year were to 3 state champions. Pretty dang successful to me. I wouldn’t call that “nothing”.

I wouldn’t call winning that region anything special. I understand that Rhea has zero control over where they are placed. I would expect Rhea to win that region every year.

5 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

I wouldn’t call winning that region anything special. I understand that Rhea has zero control over where they are placed. I would expect Rhea to win that region every year.

People just act like mcminn countys trash. We have a proven football tradition. Mcminn and Rhea have almost always gone back in forth since they started playing. We had a bad spell in early 80s, and 2010,2014,2015 and think 2017 Other than that we've almost always been over  .500

Edited by RichyRich

4 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

Well, I would say that if we could recruit kids to play here like they do in Knox and Blount County, we would probably win it every year.  With that being said, almost all of our kids were raised here. When injuries and a large senior graduation count hit hard from time to time, we take a step back.  We have 6 seniors in this class, from what I counted.  With the experience gained, they should be really strong next season.  We'll see... I'm really proud of their hard work this year.  They've come a long way.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

Well, I would say that if we could recruit kids to play here like they do in Knox and Blount County, we would probably win it every year.  With that being said, almost all of our kids were raised here. When injuries and a large senior graduation count hit hard from time to time, we take a step back.  We have 6 seniors in this class, from what I counted.  With the experience gained, they should be really strong next season.  We'll see... I'm really proud of their hard work this year.  They've come a long way.

Exactly. I felt like that was a backhanded compliment to Rhea and a straight up insult to mcminn county.  

Edited by RichyRich

3 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

People just act like mcminn countys trash. We have a proven football tradition. Mcminn and Rhea have almost always gone back in forth since they started playing. We had a bad spell in early 80s, and 2010,2014,2015. Other than that we've almost always been over  .500

McMinn has always been a tough team.  They will always hit hard. I have watched many a game with McMinn, they always give it 100%!!!  I remember how tough they were in the old 5-AAA days.

Just now, ADS1 said:

McMinn has always been a tough team.  They will always hit hard. I have watched many a game with McMinn, they always give it 100%!!!  I remember how tough they were in the old 5-AAA days.

Exactly I know we have a long tradition between both of our Schools. And I'll root for rhea County anytime they aren't playing my own team. Good luck to the boys of Dayton and spring city, I think you guys could possibly upset oak ridge depending on how the adjustment has gone. Rhea countys schedule was brutal though especially for a year of rebuild. We swapped Miller to Rb  along with Evans& Thompson and Hester the junior has taken the quarterback position.

55 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

People just act like mcminn countys trash. We have a proven football tradition. Mcminn and Rhea have almost always gone back in forth since they started playing. We had a bad spell in early 80s, and 2010,2014,2015 and think 2017 Other than that we've almost always been over  .500

I suppose if .500 or better year in and year out is the goal then yes, I would consider McMinn successful.