Any footage or scouting on Cookeville

Blaze45

Normally you can find footage on NFHS or other sites, but I know nothing and there is little to no press coverage on Cookeville this year. If anyone has played them or seen them play would love some input on strength and weaknesses this year,  games to go for Blackman and I would hate to be caught not focused on this weeks game 

6 hours ago, arshad221 said:

A lot of seniors left that team, I think Blackman wideouts have a big game

After watching the Cookeville/Coffee Co. game on Fb that Potter46 suggested I see a couple things. I can see where a good passing game could be big trouble for them. I also see they are dependent on the run game to loosen the passing game and that would be to their advantage. That said they have an accuracy problem with passing , (dropped balls or poorly placed passes) so they are one dimensional in a sense. Blackman will "HAVE to stop their run" and as you have said many times meet them in the hole. If they don't,  this could be a trap game, If the Blaze are not on their toes as Cookevile is a team that has been improving.  The other important note worth talking about is about how interesting it will be to see what kind of complications Cookeville will have, without Head Coach on the sideline after being ejected from  last week's game. And the second part of that is how will the play calling vary this week vs week after next should playoff seeding stay the same as projected?

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

After watching the Cookeville/Coffee Co. game on Fb that Potter46 suggested I see a couple things. I can see where a good passing game could be big trouble for them. I also see they are dependent on the run game to loosen the passing game and that would be to their advantage. That said they have an accuracy problem with passing , (dropped balls or poorly placed passes) so they are one dimensional in a sense. Blackman will "HAVE to stop their run" and as you have said many times meet them in the hole. If they don't,  this could be a trap game, If the Blaze are not on their toes as Cookevile is a team that has been improving.  The other important note worth talking about is about how interesting it will be to see what kind of complications Cookeville will have, without Head Coach on the sideline after being ejected from  last week's game. And the second part of that is how will the play calling vary this week vs week after next should playoff seeding stay the same as projected?

I just don’t know with Blackman, I don’t think they’re very good. They’ve beat teams with a combined record of 17-31, and lost badly to Oakland and were handily beat by Brentwood. Fortunately for the Blaze, they’ll be 8-2, with two more bad/average teams awaiting.

43 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I just don’t know with Blackman, I don’t think they’re very good. They’ve beat teams with a combined record of 17-31, and lost badly to Oakland and were handily beat by Brentwood. Fortunately for the Blaze, they’ll be 8-2, with two more bad/average teams awaiting.

I guess that is all perspective... I like our chances against  every team outside Maryville and Oakland,  and Maryville is not the same Maryville, so who knows 

4 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Handily beat by Brentwood?

26 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

Handily beat by Brentwood?

I guess we are in the wrong region to be any good..... Wonder what that means to have a team lose by 21 pts (a complete donkey waxing) by Lebanon, who got beat by the last place team in this region..... or even lose ("handily")  to Gallatin by 9 pts whom we beat by 13.... 

• Upvote 1

I think what MJ is trying to say is that it's hard to tell how good Blackman really is, because they haven't beaten anybody with a winning record this season.  

Before anybody gets upset at that statement, I'm not throwing shade. It's just the truth. Having said that, Cookeville only has 2 wins this year. Blackman wins easily.