William Blount travels to Morristown East

BarneySox2007

Very sad to see the lack of progress. All the outside factors affecting the program have been well documented in other posts over the course of the season. Now you have to take a hard look at what’s going on internally. You could argue that it’s unrealistic to expect a turn around in a season. On the other hand, there should be some signs of progress and there weren’t many. The big question at WB is do they stay the course and give the current coaches more time or make another change, which is something they’ve not done well the past several times. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Govforce is right, This team just got worse as the season went. The Shad experiment went to far until he carried the program right down the drain. We knew that was a bad mistake when they hired him. The man was facing some serious issues back home at Blackman and W.B. fell head over heels in love with him and should of moved on after he wore their fax machine filling out applications to other programs. no matter how well the Eagleton program looks right now he'll be the equalizer there before it's over. If I were Scott I would have a good meeting with Robert and just tell him buddy I'm the one who people are looking at. I would say I wasn't expecting a miracle but wasn't prepared for a crash landing every ballgame either. I would just say getting 62 hung on us by a team with a losing record isn't moving in the right direction. Look at Lenior City and Heritage, two dead programs that were brought back to life which does say it can be done. Scott Meadows did it down there at Blount and things have taken a turn for the worse since.

Barney Hate it for you all over to Blount County Momma Bounder is from  there and still feels sorry for both county schools. Sounds silly but Maybe next year will be better.

9 hours ago, RichyRich said:

After the 62-7 lose to Mo-town I don't think we'll see the barney's battle of the winless bowl between William Blount and Sequoyah.

Sequoyah at least looked somewhat promising against oneida.

WB lost it’s QB to injury in the first quarter of the Mo East game and had to play the rest of the game with a freshman QB. Made an offense that struggled all season even less effective. No way they would want to play another game. 

1 hour ago, camppack said:

WB lost it’s QB to injury in the first quarter of the Mo East game and had to play the rest of the game with a freshman QB. Made an offense that struggled all season even less effective. No way they would want to play another game. 

No not after that . Hope he will be okay. Couldn't imagine how a team bad as Morristown East is could of scored that much unless they just totally gave up.

On 10/29/2022 at 6:03 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Govforce is right, This team just got worse as the season went. The Shad experiment went to far until he carried the program right down the drain. We knew that was a bad mistake when they hired him. The man was facing some serious issues back home at Blackman and W.B. fell head over heels in love with him and should of moved on after he wore their fax machine filling out applications to other programs. no matter how well the Eagleton program looks right now he'll be the equalizer there before it's over. If I were Scott I would have a good meeting with Robert and just tell him buddy I'm the one who people are looking at. I would say I wasn't expecting a miracle but wasn't prepared for a crash landing every ballgame either. I would just say getting 62 hung on us by a team with a losing record isn't moving in the right direction. Look at Lenior City and Heritage, two dead programs that were brought back to life which does say it can be done. Scott Meadows did it down there at Blount and things have taken a turn for the worse since.

Yeah Barney. I remember Heritage used to be our whipping boy that we took to the shed every year. We could count on that.  That was until Shad got there and Hammontree had years to build up the Heritage program to the extent. Look, I get that this team is young and less talented than other teams, but dadgum show me something. Show me anything. Show me a team that is playing harder and tackling better in week 11 than week 1 when we were trying to play two-hand touch with Clinton.  In years past, no matter how bad the year was, we always had at least a game or two where we played like our hair was on fire. The 2016 Dobyns Bennett game comes to mind. We haven't seen anything remotely close to that this year. That's why I have zero confidence in the future of the program unless we make major changes like right now. This just isn't working at all. And like I said, I'm firmly in the camp that this guy can't get it done.

56 minutes ago, GovForce1 said:

Yeah Barney. I remember Heritage used to be our whipping boy that we took to the shed every year. We could count on that.  That was until Shad got there and Hammontree had years to build up the Heritage program to the extent. Look, I get that this team is young and less talented than other teams, but dadgum show me something. Show me anything. Show me a team that is playing harder and tackling better in week 11 than week 1 when we were trying to play two-hand touch with Clinton.  In years past, no matter how bad the year was, we always had at least a game or two where we played like our hair was on fire. The 2016 Dobyns Bennett game comes to mind. We haven't seen anything remotely close to that this year. That's why I have zero confidence in the future of the program unless we make major changes like right now. This just isn't working at all. And like I said, I'm firmly in the camp that this guy can't get it done.

You know more about the program than me but I do agree. I do know for a fact that less than 30 kids participated for spring practice due to two sports told me then and there 2022 was going to go down like the Titanic. Feel sorry for the guy because I know how bad he wanted the job but to go change your offense right after the first game with kids that were green as a gord on the run was going to be tough after being taught another offense in the spring and fall practice. I'll say this, if your going to pour over a million dollars into a football field you better be pouring a hundred thousand into a good football coach or thier returns on their investment isn't going to look very good on someone's behalf.

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You know more about the program than me but I do agree. I do know for a fact that less than 30 kids participated for spring practice due to two sports told me then and there 2022 was going to go down like the Titanic. Feel sorry for the guy because I know how bad he wanted the job but to go change your offense right after the first game with kids that were green as a gord on the run was going to be tough after being taught another offense in the spring and fall practice. I'll say this, if your going to pour over a million dollars into a football field you better be pouring a hundred thousand into a good football coach or thier returns on their investment isn't going to look very good on someone's behalf.

Barney,

That rumor wasn't true. There was a practice that had less than 30 because the other kids were in other spring sports and someone took that and ran with it to be spreading bad news.

24 minutes ago, GovForce1 said:

Barney,

That rumor wasn't true. There was a practice that had less than 30 because the other kids were in other spring sports and someone took that and ran with it to be spreading bad news.

Could have, one of the coaches told a friend of mine that who told me but one of the WB posters did come on and say there was a bunch involved at the time in other sports. It's very hard during spring for all to be there because some other sport.