Meigs @ Westmoreland playoffs 1st round 2022

Yeti

6 minutes ago, DansbyGilmore said:

Football is a dangerous sport.  Tennis or Golf may be a better option.   

I get football is dangerous but if anyone can look at that hit and not be concerned for that kids safety or the guy who got hit. We all like big hits thats what we grew up on but dang that was hard to watch. 

Edited by DaveyBoy

22 minutes ago, DaveyBoy said:

I get football is dangerous but if anyone can look at that hit and not be concerned for that kids safety or the guy who got hit. We all like big hits thats what we grew up on but dang that was hard to look at.

The player for Westmoreland is a family member. He is not a dirty ball player far from it.  I've watched that play on film from all angles including in slow motion.  He did not lead with the helmet. He led with the shoulder.   The official right in front of the play didnt even throw a flag. With that being said everyone is entitled to their opinion you and i included.  I understand the personal foul being called on the play but this kid is not a dirty ball player and would never intentionally try to injure anyone.  Not in his character. 

9 minutes ago, Doug said:

The player for Westmoreland is a family member. He is not a dirty ball player far from it.  I've watched that play on film from all angles including in slow motion.  He did not lead with the helmet. He led with the shoulder.   The official right in front of the play didnt even throw a flag. With that being said everyone is entitled to their opinion you and i included.  I understand the personal foul being called on the play but this kid is not a dirty ball player and would never intentionally try to injure anyone.  Not in his character. 

Not saying it was dirty, saying it wasnt a safe play for anyone to make. 

On 11/14/2022 at 3:08 PM, Mr. Postman1 said:

I thought it was all shoulder pad and legal. Anyone wanting to see it can look on my Facebook page nicky ray booker. It was an awesome play. Should’ve been no flags in my opinion. 

I agree.  I was there and seen it in real time as well.  The kid's dad for Meigs went livid (which if it was my child, I probably would have done the same just simply because it was my kid).  It was a great lick IMO.