Govman's Region 2-District 4 Boys Pre-season Rankings

GovMan

I'll put it out there and you all can comment + check me at the end of the season.

1.  William Blount - solid nucleus returning; good depth with a couple of new additions; lost a key player from last year to transfer portal

2. Bearden - it's Bearden; hard to pick them anywhere but #1, but I'm being a little of a homer this year.

3. Maryville - Coach Lambert was a super hire; picked up a "scoring machine" from WB; got some shooters and some size in the post.

4. Hardin Valley - solid looking squad last year ... very athletic ... well coached

5. Farragut - new coaching hire was solid; Coach Burris will be intense and "all-in" ... got them this low cause they lost several key leaders

6. Heritage - hoping Coach Flatford turns things around, he's a program-builder I believe.  They will lean heavy on the Campbell kid I would think. 

Will definitely be a battle between those top 3.  Blount had a great summer and even with the loss to the portal, they have a very nice team.  When was the last time WB won the district?  Maryville has plenty of size, but do they have the guard play to win the league?  Bearden lost a ton and is inexperienced, but I agree it is tough to count them out.  Looks like there will be more parity in the league this season.  HVA, Farragut, and Heritage all have enough talent to create some upsets and close games throughout the year.

Great topic. 

I think this is the best William Blount team in years.  Last season was the first time the Govs won 20+ games since 2003.  I think this will be another level up from last year.  

Grady Robertson will be one of the top scorers in the league.  He was fantastic just last month at our PrepHoopsTN Combine. I watched him with AAU for the last two years, and he could play, score, pass, shoot, but he is bigger, tougher, stronger and unafraid of contact.  

Riley Everett really makes a difference, since William Blount will be in some rebounding wars, and Riley is a grunt on the glass. 

Caden Windle will be key, as a gifted, taller scorer. I am interested to see his plan of attack.  There is much potential with him. 

You know what you are getting every game from Reece Pride. IMO, the team features a minimum of 4 future college basketball players.  

I anticipate Farragut to dip, Bearden to dip, but still contend for the title.  I sincerely don't know about Hardin Valley's team this year.  Grant Campbell should win District MVP, if he does what he has been doing all 2022. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/4/2022 at 3:18 PM, PrepHoopsTN said:

Great topic. 

I think this is the best William Blount team in years.  Last season was the first time the Govs won 20+ games since 2003.  I think this will be another level up from last year.  

Grady Robertson will be one of the top scorers in the league.  He was fantastic just last month at our PrepHoopsTN Combine. I watched him with AAU for the last two years, and he could play, score, pass, shoot, but he is bigger, tougher, stronger and unafraid of contact.  

Riley Everett really makes a difference, since William Blount will be in some rebounding wars, and Riley is a grunt on the glass. 

Caden Windle will be key, as a gifted, taller scorer. I am interested to see his plan of attack.  There is much potential with him. 

You know what you are getting every game from Reece Pride. IMO, the team features a minimum of 4 future college basketball players.  

I anticipate Farragut to dip, Bearden to dip, but still contend for the title.  I sincerely don't know about Hardin Valley's team this year.  Grant Campbell should win District MVP, if he does what he has been doing all 2022. 

How much are you paid to make these things up about players?  They have a very nice team and are probably the favorite to win the district, but there is no way they have 4 dudes that will get college scholarships from what I have seen.  Everyone knows that there is no defense in AAU or your "combine" where kids pay you to hype them up.  This post is laughable for anyone who watches high school basketball in the Knoxville area.  

On 11/1/2022 at 12:43 PM, GovMan said:

I'll put it out there and you all can comment + check me at the end of the season.

1.  William Blount - solid nucleus returning; good depth with a couple of new additions; lost a key player from last year to transfer portal

2. Bearden - it's Bearden; hard to pick them anywhere but #1, but I'm being a little of a homer this year.

3. Maryville - Coach Lambert was a super hire; picked up a "scoring machine" from WB; got some shooters and some size in the post.

4. Hardin Valley - solid looking squad last year ... very athletic ... well coached

5. Farragut - new coaching hire was solid; Coach Burris will be intense and "all-in" ... got them this low cause they lost several key leaders

6. Heritage - hoping Coach Flatford turns things around, he's a program-builder I believe.  They will lean heavy on the Campbell kid I would think. 

I think this is a good pre-season outlook on District 4.  It should be a wide open competitive district this year.  Bearden lost a lot from the State 4A runner up team and only have 1 starter and the 6th man returning with experience.  Lots of young talent that once they get some experience will make for a tough out come February. Looking forward to a great year in District 4.