Round 2 - Covington hosts Millington

CHARGERFAN

As Region 7-3A swept Region 8-3A in round 1, that sets up a rematch between Covington and Millington in round 2.  Covington won the regular season game handily, but I understand that since then Millington has gotten their QB back. I’m sure that will make a difference this time around.

How much? That’s what we will find out on Nov. 11. 

What’s the thinking on this game?

Covington won the regular season meeting with Millington 44-0.

Current projections still show the Chargers as the favorite. It’s interesting that both of the sources I looked at predict the same spread. Massey predicts 38-7, while the Sonny-Moore power rankings show a difference of 29 points, then add 2 points for home field advantage, putting that spread at 31 points too.

Still, the game will be played on the field, not on the internet. I’m optimistic that the Chargers can win and advance, but you have to respect every opponent. The playoff motto remains “Win or go home”.

Not much to say about this match up. So to feed off CHARGERFAN, Covington convincingly won the first meeting. All the "Power Rankings" & "Professionals" have Covington dominating. Home Field Advantage goes to the Chargers. No One gives Millington a chance. So if you're a gambling man there's probably a obvious pick here. So place your wagers wisely and Good Luck to both teams.