5a 6a strength of schedule

ILB1999

I was thinking how in the offseason folks like to talk about the SOS preparing teams better for whats to come.  I decided i'd real quick work up the top 5 SOS from the top 25 teams (all figures from MPREPS)  in 6a and 5a and then we can disucss if that schedule prepared em or broke em.

6a

TEAM                                         RECORD                          SOS                Ranking

Ravenwood                           6-5                                  24.1                     12

Bearden                                7-4                                 21.4                       10

Farragut                                9-2                                 19.5                        4

Independence                      5-6                                 19.5                       25

Maryville                                 8-3                                19.3                      3

Bartlett                                   9-2                                 19.3                       6

5A

Wilson Central                           4-7                             15.0                    25

Oak Ridge                                6-5                                13.3                     12

West                                          11-0                             11.2                     1

Green Hill                                  6-5                               10.5                    16

Powell                                        9-2                               10.3                    7

I'd love to hear what yall think.  I guess i have a few thoughts to but id like to hear yalls first.

50 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

But is it actually important to play a tough schedule?  Or maybe it don't matter at all.

I think it is exceptionally important to play as hard a schedule as you can.  If you don't challenge yourself then you never get better.  Life and football.  You learn much more from your failures than your successes.

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

I think it is exceptionally important to play as hard a schedule as you can.  If you don't challenge yourself then you never get better.  Life and football.  You learn much more from your failures than your successes.

I'm not sure the results bear that out.  but we'll see.